Rocker Avril Lavigne engaged to Sum 41's Whibley

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niamh_Saoirse

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Punk rocker Avril Lavigne is engaged to marry fellow Canadian Deryck Whibley, lead singer and guitarist of the band Sum 41, Lavigne's spokeswoman said on Tuesday.
Whibley, 25, asked Lavigne, 20, to marry him over the weekend, according to published reports. Spokeswoman Pamela Murphy did not disclose any details beyond the couple's plan to wed.

"Right now, they're just confirming the engagement," Murphy said.

Lavigne, whose hits include "My Happy Ending" from her most recent album "Under My Skin," and her band have been playing in Europe. They kick off the U.S. leg of their tour in Detroit on July 17.

Sum 41's album "Chuck" was recently certified as a gold record in the United States, and their song "Noots" is featured on the soundtrack of upcoming film, "Fantastic Four."

alavigne.jpg

pax said:
Avril, you're looking pretty much like Jessica Simpson in that pic.

How very punk-rock of you.

:rolleyes:

like she was "punk-rock" before the hair-do?

:huh:

It's appropriate that two of music's biggest wannabes marry...hey that would be a great name for their first child, 'Wannabe Whibley-Lavine'!

Uggghhhh...for some reason in those pics she reminds me of Karla Homolka (who was married to one of the worst killers in Canada's history, and who was herself, somewhat implicated in the murders).

elevation2u said:
they both suck
at least their keeping all the suckiness under the same roof

Just wait about 18 years till their spawn will have hir or her own reality show on MTV or record deal.

uhgughgughg I feel dirty just thinking about it. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom