Rockabye Baby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dalton

Blue Crack Addict
Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
I just picked up three Rockabye Baby albums for my daughter and I LOVE them. Has anyone else heard these? They are lullabye versions of popular artists songs.

I just got U2, Radiohead, and Bob Marley. They are truly spectacular.

Has anyone else got into these and if so, why have you not told me?

Seriously? Because I need to buy a baby gift for a young couple who are really into music.

There's a Bjork one! :ohmy:

We all saw Bjork at Red Rocks last spring so that would be perfect. They said, though, that they were just going to play their regular indie music and bypass the whole baby music thing but if it's not cheesy and actually good they might like it. :hmm:

Here I uploaded Let Down :heart:

have a listen :wink:

*link removed by Bonochick*

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend sings, too, and it might be fun for her to do a little rockabye karaoke. :cute:

There have been threads made about Rockabye in the past. If these were around when Maddy was a baby, we would have had these, at least the U2 one :wink:

I've seen them in stores before and the idea always seemed horrifying to me, interesting to see the comments on here.

I have the U2 one and the Bob Marley one for my daughter. While I initially said that she'd never listen to anything but the original U2 music, the lullabye version did put her to sleep quite nicely once....;)

I'm not sold on it yet. My friend's husband is a (mostly indie) music critic and I'm afraid he'll hate it. Though I like some of the clips I've heard I think it might get on my nerves quickly.

I bought the U2 and The Beatles ones for my friends earlier this year. Granted, they were playing softly in the background as I visited and I only heard them the 1 time, but I couldn't even really distinguish the songs. The music sounded "nice", but it sure didn't sound like "Pride" or "With Or Without You" to me.

For what that's worth.

:shrug:

FitzChivalry said:
I bought the U2 and The Beatles ones for my friends earlier this year. Granted, they were playing softly in the background as I visited and I only heard them the 1 time, but I couldn't even really distinguish the songs. The music sounded "nice", but it sure didn't sound like "Pride" or "With Or Without You" to me.

For what that's worth.

:shrug:

Yeah, you have to think about it to figure out some of the songs. Funnily enough, my wife picked out which songs were which before I did!

Back
Top Bottom