Rock fans : here is the best news for you... for us

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Holy John

Acrobat
Oasis will likely release their next single on October I4. It's a fan who heard it on Edge I02, apparently a Toronto-based radio. Nobody knows if it's a radio-only single to that date, but what's sure is that the next single of Oasis will be heard on October I4.

Other rumour and you are the judge : a fan would have heard the new album and apparently, he/she wrote something about it, song by song.

I - 'Breathe' -> The song starts with a dark sensation, as if the band was playing in a dark room (during the whole first minute). Then, a church-bell goes on, like John Lennon's first album with the Plastic Ono Band in I970.

2 - 'But What For' - Liam laughs during the first verse (or maybe during the whole song). Noel apparently said this was to be a single.

3 - It's an acoustical song written by Liam on his relation with Patsy (...) [his ex-wife]

4 - 'Revival' -> Would be the first single from the album. Very classic, sounds like "Walk On" of U2 (not the melody, but the sound of the song).

5 - 'Born on a Different Cloud' -> A classis song wich Liam wrote on himself (a song that Noel really loves, even though he's tired that Liam always writes songs about himself). [quote from me : Months ago, Liam told that this song was written about his first son, Lennon Gallagher... mmm.. suspect...]

6 - 'No Tomorrow' -> Noel says this song is his favorite on the album. Apparently a Pink Floyd-ish song, kinda "Dark Side of The Moon" period, with a long guitar solo in the middle of the song.

7 - 'Shout it Loud' -> Another rock song by Noel. He says it's very Neil Young. Apparently, this will rock stadiums even more than 'Roll With It' or 'Acquiesce'.

8 - 'Accerlerate' -Another rock'n'roll riff found by Noel. Apparently a little bit like 'Here Comes The Sun' by the Beatles (now, an hommage to George Harrisson ???). Further in the song, Liam sings it higher.

9 - Something so Small -> More rock'n'roll apparently. This short rock song is apparently in the same familly than 'Headshrinker' or 'Fade Away'.

I0 - 'Out There Forever' -> A classic end-of-album song. In the same style as 'The Tourist' or Radiohead.

Again, this is a fan declaration. Maybe he/she never heard a single song of the album or maybe he"she really did.... we'll see.

Rumour : the next album will be finished by september I0. Released before christmas.

OTHER RUMOUR : Anybody heard of a new version of 'Familliar to Millions' ?????

Finally, a tribute to Oasis will be out on september II. Apparently, it's excellent. Made by unknown bands. Tracklisting is not available, but 'Champagne Supernova' is on it, as well as 'Rockin' Chair' and 'It's Gettin' Better Man'

cheers

------------------
" I still believe all you need is love, y'know. But I don't think that by just saying it that things will change..."
- John Lennon

Good news, HJ. I do look forward to the new Oasis album later this year. However, as for the tracklisting, there are about 10 variations of that floating around on the internet. I wouldn't totally trust what I hear, as a lot of the fans are just combining various rumors to form "the truth". But regardless, it's great news that they are making new music. Unfortunately, they will probably never regain the popularity they once had in North America. But that hardly matters to me. They'll still be great.

------------------
Change is the only constant

I hope they come to Montreal.. they never came, but once in a 600 people-club for 'Definitely Maybe'... I mean, they could play something bigger... or just come...

------------------
" I still believe all you need is love, y'know. But I don't think that by just saying it that things will change..."
- John Lennon

That tracklisting must be bollocks because it does not have Force of Nature included on it, which Noel said would be on the album. Can't wait for the new single.

EDGE 102 ROCKS!!!

Back
Top Bottom