Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Class of 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here are a few comments about last night's show:
-The montages and the tributes were very nice.
-The classic HOF performance clips were great. Especially, the surviving members of Zeppelin playing with Neil Young and, of course, U2 playing with Bruce Springsteen. Also, the All Star Jam on While My Guitar Gently Weeps with Prince kicking some severe ass was great to see again as well.
-The James Brown tribute was nice.
-Ronny Spector was just talking way too long during her acceptance speech for the Ronettes.
-It seems like Aretha Franklin gets bigger every year
-Patti Smith might be great, but damn she is really tough to look at.
-It was great to see Sammy and Michael Anthony accept the induction for Van Halen. It was clear that Dave really pissed off the Hall, because they showed way more footage of Sammy then Dave. Dave was even exluded from the band photo they had on stage. It was very sad NOT to see Eddie Van Halen there. It's his band and he should've been there. Same thing with Alex.
-Velvet Revolver did a good job on Ain't Talkin 'Bout Love. Plus, it was great to see Sammy and Michael out there doing Why Can't This Be Love.
-Eddie Vedder's speech was awesome! It's always great to see Eddie.
-REM were great to see. They all look good and they played very well.
-The All Star Jam was pretty cool, but poor Sammy looked a little lost out there, but I'm glad he was out there representing Van Halen. Once again, it would've been great to see Eddie Van Halen out there during the jam, especially when Keith Richards was jamming. Damn, that would've been sweet!
Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five delivered a very heartfelt speech.
Overall a pretty good ceremony that would've been better if Eddie Van Halen were there.

Hewson said:
How did Keef look in HD?

45473-crypt_keeper.jpg

yep.. that's exactly what he looks like!! :lmao: :laugh: :lol:

the man should be dead by now...:|

Anyone have video of the jam song at the end, "People got the Power" ... I love that song so much and our god damn dvr cut off that part of the show cuz it ran over :madwife:

I loved when Patti Smith did "Rock & Roll ******."

VH1 beeped out ever single "******."

There was a point toward the end where I thought my phone was ringing.

Beep.BeepBeep.Beep.Beep.Beep.BeepBeep.Beep.Beep.Beep.

You gotta love Viacom.

MrBrau1 said:

You gotta love Viacom.

VH1 Classic left in "******," at least during the live broadcast.

MrBrau1 said:

You gotta love Viacom.

MHD Channel had no censoring and the replay I saw today wasn't edited or shortened..

Ha! I was just coming in here to bitch about VH1 bleeping out all the "niggers."

Funny, Comedy Central left them all in for the South Park season premiere.

Maybe VH1 thought they might be too shocking for people turning into "Video Hits One" to watch the latest episode of that Andrew Dice Clay reality show. Or the Flava Flav one. Or the Hulk Hogan one. I mean, no one tunes into this channel expecting to see actual artists performing actual music, right?

Oh well. I love this song. I love that her mom enjoyed vacuuming to it. :lol:

Patti Smith may have some pretty gnarly teeth, but she rocks. And I was moved by her speech, and introducing "Rock and Roll ******," with the story about her mom.

Wow ... they lowered "Why Can't This Be Love" by so many steps, it's almost unrecognizable. Weird.

from

http://dirtylaundryblog.blogspot.com/

It's also obvious that the band is going to let Stipe do all of the talking (in fact, Berry and Buck don't even speak, they go right from Stipe's LOOOOONG speech to playing). Oh, but in case there was any doubt, Stipe officially outted himself (or maybe it was another member of the band) by thanking, "Our three girlfriends and one boyfriend." Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Anu said:
from

http://dirtylaundryblog.blogspot.com/

It's also obvious that the band is going to let Stipe do all of the talking (in fact, Berry and Buck don't even speak, they go right from Stipe's LOOOOONG speech to playing). Oh, but in case there was any doubt, Stipe officially outted himself (or maybe it was another member of the band) by thanking, "Our three girlfriends and one boyfriend." Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I heard that when he said it live last week. They never seemed to pan to any males at the REM tables, just the women & children. I just assumed he was out. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Back
Top Bottom