rock and roll hall of fame 2003

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOFO

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
let 'em roll.......

I was hoping for more than 2 songs from the police...but at least they sounded great on roxanne and every breath.

edge called sting "white regaee" during his speech.....and sting didn't look too happy abou that. whatever.

get back to the studio the edge.:wink:

Yeah, I couldnt tell if he thought it was funny or not either. As much as I like Sting, he is a pretty big ego maniac. I love the Police.

Gickies Gageeze said:
i cant stand the police, but whatever, thats just my opinion.

Understandable. Everyone's got bands they like and dislike. I respect that. Music is such an odd thing that way, you cant really explain why you like or dislike it a lot of the time.

I dont like much of Sting's solo stuff myself. I'll take the Police any day to his solo stuff.

F**k tha police!

Funny quote about the Police:

We did some really good reggae style tunes, not the doo da doo **** the Police did - Mick Jones. Possibly apocryphal.

Hmm, how else can I diss the Police?

Disclaimer: yertle-the-turtle enjoys the Police's music, as he does Sting's and is just making fun of them.

yeah, I really could have done without mayer/stefani/tyler reading the lyrics to every breath off the telepromter.

one guy looked like he was having a blast: stewart copeland. and he sounded great too. which reminded me that he was a huge part of the sound of that band, which is why the police tunes never sound the same when sting plays them with his band.
even broke his snare drum head.:up:

not too many drummers can be listed as being an integral part of a band's sound.:hmm: :bow:

*bump*

Does anyone have audio or video of the 3 songs the Police performed, and their speech? I don't have cable and was unable to get anyone to tape it for me. I will trade bootlegs if anyone is interested. My list is in my sig or you can PM me. Thanks. :wave:

Back
Top Bottom