Robyn Hitchcock and the Venus 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blueeyedgirl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
How is this man not world famous? :huh: Why are there not multiple threads about him? :mad: Well, last night I saw one of those live shows that are life-affirming and damn, just about everyone in the venue walked out with a smile on their dial. :happy:

You know a gig's gonna be brilliant when you walk into the club and immediately see Scott McCaughey leaning against a pillar watching the support band, Bill Rieflin at the back, and PETER FREAKIN BUCK right behind you!!!!! :faint:

Then with a minimum of fuss, Robyn and the Venus 3 just walk on stage and count in their first song. And each and every one was a gem. The (undeservedly) smallish crowd was all on its feet by the end and crowded all round the low stage just hanging on every word, and trying to eavesdrop on the banter between the band :wink: (and possibly perving on the aforementioned Mr Buck :shifty: )

Robyn and the band, including the elegantly tall Mr Buck :drool: came out after the gig to chat and hang around and what great guys they are. Oh that all talented and famous folk should be so cool.

And the last vision I had was the luscious Mr Buck climbing in the Tarago clutching a bottle of (I suspect South Australian) rose, followed by the ever laidback Mr Hitchcock grasping a bottle of bourbon. :love:

Back
Top Bottom