Robert Plant & the Strange Sensation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

impy13

ONE love, blood, life
Anyone else heard Mighty Rearranger? It's a fucking brilliant record.

And I just found out I'm seeing them October 6 :drool: Life is sweet.

It is a nice surprise considering Plant's last few "solo" efforts. The Shine It All Around remix hidden track is an interesting take on the original, but it does not reflect the sentiment of the overall album (which is basically recycled beats and instrumentation derived from Physical Graffiti and Plant & Page's No Quarter sessions).

Good listen though.

:up:

what is all this? I'm totally out of the loop.

although I did download the Zep reunion from live aid 1985 the other day....yikes!:yikes:

JOFO said:
what is all this? I'm totally out of the loop.

His new album with a new band. It's simply fantastic.

B0007VUEJE.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Well tonight is the night. I'm seeing the man himself. How often do you get to see a living legend? Full report when I get back

:hyper:

Well, no one gives a shit, so I'll keep it short. It was mind blowing. I was five rows back. They played five Zep songs:

Black Dog
Going to California
What Is And What Should Never Be
Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
Whole Lotta Love

Also covered Gallows Pole, Girl From The North Country by Bob Dylan, 7 and 7 Is by Love, and did an absolutely fucking incredible version of Hey Joe.

It was incredible. The man still has it.

I'm so jealous of you. He was here last weekend, but I don't have a concert buddy (hubby and I don't always like the same stuff). Glad you had a great time! Was there a GA/open floor section? Or all seats?

I saw him at V Festival too, he was superb there as well and they did a cover of When The Levee Breaks with a mandolin and chello

Lila64 said:
Was there a GA/open floor section? Or all seats?

No pit, but it turns out a lot of people rushed to the front to make a make-shift sort of pit.

The majority of the people there knew nothing about the Mighty Rearranger songs. They were only there for Zeppelin. A lot of kids running around, too. Probably just because it's trendy to like Zep or Hendriz or others like that these days. I don't think they actually understood the man's body of work.

I know when he played here, the floor area of the theater (on this leg of the tour) was GA. That was part of the reason I didn't want to go. I'm short and I would have been alone. GAs were about $60 + fees. Seats upstairs were about $125 + fees. So I thought I would pass. If it was $60+ upstairs, then maybe. My husband is pretty sure I could have shown up and gotten a cheap ticket from a scalper, but I don't feel like driving into town, 1 hour, and then possibly not getting in to a show I want to see. So... I stayed here... Glad you enjoyed it :hug:

Back
Top Bottom