ROBBIE WILLIAMS' sold out Australian Tour 2006

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

americangoth

The Fly
Hi Fellow Interferencers :D

Were any of you present at Robbie's tour on any given date from 30//11 to 18//12???

I was there for his last show in beautiful Melbourne and I had the most amazing time........I was in an A RESERVE seat and it was pretty close viewing.......

i remember posting something earlier about ROBBIE's "RUDEBOX" single being crap.........but it turns out after a few listens i really dug into it...........not to mention the next one........LOVELIGHT is just plain sexxy!!!

does anyone know if LOVELIGHT is a cover version of someone else's song (i'd be damned if it is.........robbie's rendition is so much cooler)!!!

And your thoughts on the 2nd best tour of 2006..........(U2's tour was still the best!!!)

if you were there at either one of RW's 9 shows......feel free to post your reviews/thoughts here.....

Yes, "Lovelight" is a cover of Lewis Taylor (2003 - the original version), but I love that version RW made... it is so fucking great!:drool:

I was skeptical about "Rubebox", but I've been enjoying a lot the album, it's pretty better than "Intensive Care".

thanks Aygo
btw did u go to see RW live?
Never heard of Lewis Taylor....but lovelight is a masterpiece.
i share the same thought re RUDEBOX........i too was like WTF is a brit doing singing hiphop!!!......but the album has gronw on me fa sure
and RW is a talent to be reckoned with......i doubt Noel or Liam's (the foolish gallagher bros from oasis) words are being heeded. those 2 b***hes love to stir up controversy........

Aygo said:
Yes, "Lovelight" is a cover of Lewis Taylor (2003 - the original version), but I love that version RW made... it is so fucking great!:drool:

I was skeptical about "Rubebox", but I've been enjoying a lot the album, it's pretty better than "Intensive Care".

I was there!!:dancing: :dancing:
A Reserve in Adelaide - what an awesome show it was too - Robbie is such an entertainer (and so HOT too:combust: )
Just wish i could've made it over to Melbourne to see a second show and go GA - because from where i was sitting it looked like it was GOING OFF down there!!!
Here's some photos if anyone wants to have a look:
Robbie Photos

I was lucky enough to see Robbie's first show in Melbourne! :D

IMG_0966.jpg

I'm so glad I decided to go GA as I ended up about ten rows to the right of the B stage much to my surprise!:drool: :camera: :combust:

He's such an amazing performer, a real natural. He provided total entertainment which included those fantastic pyrotechnics along with a rousing rendition of the classic Aussie catch cry of "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi!"
I'm sure at one stage he also mentioned both Bono and U2! :up:

While this show exceeded my expectations, NOTHING will ever come close to U2's second Melbourne gig! :combust: :combust: :combust:

americangoth said:
thanks Aygo
btw did u go to see RW live?
Never heard of Lewis Taylor....but lovelight is a masterpiece.
i share the same thought re RUDEBOX........i too was like WTF is a brit doing singing hiphop!!!......but the album has gronw on me fa sure
and RW is a talent to be reckoned with......i doubt Noel or Liam's (the foolish gallagher bros from oasis) words are being heeded. those 2 b***hes love to stir up controversy........

No, I never went to see RW live, but a friend of mine likes him a lot and she went to see him twice, so, I just got the description and... his DVD's.
I'm not a fan of RW but I like some of his songs and I think he's a good performer and entertainer.

Don't take too seriously what the Gallagher brothers say:wink:

Wish I went...not just for Robbie, but more for the sheer amount of women who would've been there. Heaven for a hetrosexual male!

Did he only sing Lovelight and Rudebox from Rudebox?

What did he sing from Intensive Care?

Did he sing It's Only Us?

Lovelight was done in Perth Only I believe.

Don't this "Its Only Us" was done at all....

From Intensive Care...at the show I was at I got "Advertising Space", "Sin Sin Sin", "Tripping", "Make Me Pure" and I think Spread Your Wings?

Anyway, I would have loved to have seen him do "Ghosts" and "A Place To Crash"

None the less, T'was a great gig!

the victorian media was not too kind to RW when they said that opening night in melbourne (17/12/06) was crap and he sounded hung-over from late night partying :D

the second show got 2 thumbs up.

as for u2, nothing can top the opening night in melbourne IMHO, the second night didn't cut it, and was nowhere near in terms of performance

if you go check u2start.com - i believe the most famous downloads are sydney @ 11/11, mel 18/11, and sydney @ 10/11 (other dates besides brisbane havnt received too many downloads)

Bella05 said:
I was lucky enough to see Robbie's first show in Melbourne! :D

Last edited:
Well, as always, each to their own! :)

I certainly would NOT have called Robbie's show 'crap' and have not heard anybody who went, say that either. Sometimes comments like that can stem from a person's position within the stadium and the resultant (lack of) sound quality.

That is one of the reasons why I enjoyed U2's second Melbourne show more despite a few technical glitches. The first show was better technically whereas the audience was MUCH louder the second night - something that even Bono commented on. As for the downloads, this night was recorded right up the front whereas the first night was recorded further back which may be part of the reason for it's popularity.

Opinions will often be divided because we all value differing aspects of the performance but as long as people are enjoying themselves, that's the most important thing! :D

Back
Top Bottom