Robbie Williams sells a million tickets in 3 hours...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sleep Over Jack said:
In what way? they both make cheesy ballads for the non-music fan, neither has any artistic merit and both are highly popular..I'd love to know how RW has somehow become "credible"..;) the likes him, Keating et al represent the sort of lowest common denominator music that sells shitloads but doesn't mean anything in the long run.

wow i must admit i thought i'd never find myself in the position fo sticking up for robbie williams but hey, i like a challenge :wink:

anyway, ronan keating really does make cheesy ballads, and rubbish ones too, but robbie williams doesn't just do that. he's got lively rocking songs like 'let me entertain you' and old before i die' to his name as well. and his songs are also the kind that make you want to sing out loud from your heart, in much the same way U2 and oasis's songs can make you do - and before you try and shoot me down in flames over this comment, in no way do i think he is on the same level as them 2 bands, just to clarify, but he's a hell of a lot better than ronan keating.

he's just a good entertainer, with lots of humour and some genuinely good songs (although not all of them are good).

Back
Top Bottom