ROBBIE WILLIAMS' new track called RUDEBOX!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

americangoth

The Fly
Saw the Aussie premiere of the video clip of RUDEBOX - the title track of RW's 7th studio cd called "RUDEBOX (1974)"

Its a big departure from his previous efforts......The track is borderline comical with Robbie trying his hand at disco/hiphop/rap
.....the genre doesn't suit him well......but time will tell if the album is worthy....

the album should be out on october 3rd 2006, same day as OPEN DOOR by EVANESCENCE........

here's hoping this isnt RW's genius ploy to release a double album....... one called RUDEBOX..... and the 2009 A.D. followup "NUDEBOX" :D

that'll surely be the end of Robbie :p

Last edited:
I also think the single is crap - I hope the rest of the album isn't like this, though I can take or leave most of Robbie's stuff anyway.

Robbie Williams should stick to singing old Sinatra etc. classics instead of making his own music. He's much better at it. His own material is so, so uninteresting.

U2Man said:
Robbie Williams should stick to singing old Sinatra etc. classics instead of making his own music. He's much better at it. His own material is so, so uninteresting.

Disagree. He has very good songs written by himself. Yeah, there are a few fillers in his albums, but you should listen to it.
I don't praise him, but he's a great pop artist and an even better entertainer in the showbusiness. Only is that worldwide marketing is wrong and in markets like the North American his music doesn't reach there as in the past.

Well, occasionally I turn on the radio, and you cannot hear radio for more than 20 minutes before his music is on. I honestly think it is the worst of the worst uninteresting, mass-produced, crappy pop music you can listen to.

Cannot disagree that he is a great showman, though. He is.

'the sun' has branded it the worst single of all time , i aint heard it yet.

^ well, I haven't heard the new single yet, but a friend of mine that is a massive fan of the guy has already heard it and she says that she just hated, it's nothing comparable as his previous work.
I hope that it's not that bad. It can't be worse and unimaginative than the new Justin Timberlake single.
And maybe that's just the usual hype of something different released by someone. U2 has already leave many people skeptical too with a few releasements in the past. Let's wait...
I honestly think it is the worst of the worst uninteresting, mass-produced, crappy pop music you can listen to.
Really? That's because of the songs you get on the radio. His fanbase and best audience may be almost females and his songs are very pop (I think that's what they're supposed to be...:| ) but no one can deny is difference, that he's one of the most diverse (in terms of musical genres and imagery reflected in music) artists in the british musical scene. I think that he's far more interesting than many of the american (well, some bands and british artists included too...) pop artists of the last decade...

Here's a link to the video on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDbGioF-ePY

I must say a few of his songs I like (like the one he did with Kylie) but I find most of them pretty forgettable. I wouldn't say they're terrible - just a bit bland.

Having said that, he is a good entertainer and I can see why he has lasted so long in the music industry.

I loved when Noel Gallagher called him the "fat dancer from Take That", or something like that.

:lol:

his music = :yuck:

americangoth said:
The track is borderline comical

Isn't that true of most of his music?

I'm being serious, everything I've heard of his and especially his videos have always seemed like he's singing through a smirk, or his tounge is planted in cheek...

dude.........take a back seat......

RW is a talented musician in his own right
It just goes to show you that the gallaghers/oasis are a bunch of shitwads who know nothing more than to be jealous of other more succcessful artists, and on top of that retort to childish name calling.......

that, my friend, is a serious detractor (and its seriously immature)........and i could easily tell you what i think of that 2-bit-fleabag noel gallagher.....but i shall leave that for another day

oasis are nothing but a bunch of whinging nancies.........if only they wrote a masterpiece like 'ADVERTISING SPACE' (that's RW's best song IMHO) then I would consider them legit rockstars....
until then, they're a bunch of shitwads singing ***ABSOLUT*** crap :wink: !!!

LemonMacPhisto said:
I loved when Noel Gallagher called him the "fat dancer from Take That", or something like that.

:lol:

his music = :yuck:

Last edited:
Re: Re: ROBBIE WILLIAMS' new track called RUDEBOX!!!

about the tongue in cheek thing - you betcha!!!
but most of his music isn't like that....

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Isn't that true of most of his music?

I'm being serious, everything I've heard of his and especially his videos have always seemed like he's singing through a smirk, or his tounge is planted in cheek...

I just hope that "Rudebox" is better than its predecessor. "Intensive Care" had very good songs (like the singles and a few more) but it had many fillers and others sounded a bit lazy and boring... and then "Ghosts" is a bad opener, it should've been the closer...

Back
Top Bottom