Robbie Williams - Intensive Care - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 10-19-2005, 04:06 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 06:22 PM
Since he stopped working with the bloke he co-wrote angels and the other older stuff he's been crap (I mean crapper than before, and that was pretty crap anyway).

His new song is rubbish.

Old 10-19-2005, 05:32 AM   #17
War Child
Originally posted by Total U2 Nut
Since he stopped working with the bloke he co-wrote angels and the other older stuff he's been crap (I mean crapper than before, and that was pretty crap anyway).

His new song is rubbish.
I thought exactly the same when I first heard the song. But now I gave it a good listen and it's a good song. It's a pity he stopped writing with Guy Chambers but now he's writing with stephen Duffy (ex duran duran I thought) and the single Radio is very very good I think.

Old 10-19-2005, 11:01 AM   #18
then we should all wish him a hearty ....

Na-nu... Na-nu...........

* what?........ who?................ Ohhhh.... ROBBIE WILLIAMS.....right......

Old 10-23-2005, 04:53 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 05:22 AM
This bloke's got masses of integrity and should be respected by everyone in the music industry.

Watched a documentary about him when his greatest hits was released. Such an earnest and honest bloke, who has had some very decent tunes over the years.

I still don't own any of his stuff but I keep meaning to get some.

I've heard the new single Tripping. It's fascinating. Whether he had much input into the writing of the song or not, it is quality.

An awesome voice as well. Knows his limits and doesn't pretend to be someone he's not.
Old 10-23-2005, 03:38 PM   #20
War Child
Local Time: 07:22 PM
robbie recorded and wrote the bass line of tripping, as well as the lyrics
Old 10-23-2005, 08:47 PM   #21
Originally posted by Earnie Shavers
Robbie Williams vs Justin Timberlake? They are not even remotely close. And I don't think one is necessarily better than the other.
JT is everything you want in a surface level pop star. Great music, catchy lyrics that require no thought, can't help but put you in a good mood.
Robbie Williams is something else. There's an incredible amount of darkness there for pop music, masked by very simplistic bubblegum music and his own tongue in cheek attitude, but the mask is pretty thin. Justin Timberlake will make great, catchy, deny you like it but always gets you dancing, surface level pop music for years.
Robbie however may very well evolve into something very, very good. I mean that. A lot of his best songs, stripped to their base, cover the exact same themes as an album like Achtung Baby. Temptation/fuck up/redemption - or the opposite - betrayal/fucked up/forgiveness. Robbie's just not 'evolved' as a songwriter or lyricist... yet.
Justin Timberlake comes nowhere near that. Half your average teenage pop themes, half a more adult edgy version of those same themes. And he's fucking brilliant at it.
Musically they are as far apart as two male pop stars could get, lyrics wise it's the same. Their futures will be very different.

I can't believe after all your rants that you actually rate Robbie Williams, who has all the talent and depth of your average pub act..he's just a very cheesy novelty entertainer to me, not to mention that he's had other people basically writing most of his songs..
Old 10-23-2005, 09:09 PM   #22
The Fly
Local Time: 10:22 AM
Does Robbie Williams write his own music? Because someone on EYKIW said he didn't. Not sure if he was referring to his role in Take That (which i'm sure he didn't), or his solo career now.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:33 AM   #23
War Child
Robbie does his own lyrics most of his own vocal lines and some parts of the rest of the tunes. Tripping has his bass and drum lines for example