Robbie Williams?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2@NYC

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
He sucks? He rules? What are your thoughts?

Personally, I do not like his too-extroverted personality, for lack of better words but I have to recognize that he is talented and has a good voice. And I am surprised that he has not caught on more in the U.S. (I guess we are too busy with all that rap crap).

As a matter of fact, I am thinking of picking up his Greatest Hits CD when it gets released in the U.S.

I like RW very much, actually from the beginning, since he left take that. His first album Life thru a lens really rocks! Now he's more pop than rock but I think everybody has to buy 'Escapology'. This album is even better than his greatest hits album.

I have one of his albums - called I've been expecting you.
He has a nice voice and overall nice lyrics, IMO he should be what that Timberlake guy is in terms of worldwide popularity. Also extremely witty in interviews and a good entertainer.

I don't rate Robbie I'm afraid. I think the guy has serious issues. I know there's a place in music for well crafted pop tunes but the Pet Shop Boys did it so much better in the '80s.

I love Robbie. I doubt his GH CD will be released in the US. Therefore I ordered it from the UK. His songs are very catchy and very much pop. But he recently parted ways with his main songwriter from the past couple of years, Guy Chambers. On the GH CD, he does have 2 new songs and both of them were co-written by Stephen "Tin Tin" Duffy. The song "Radio" has a very 80's pop feel to it. I absolutely love it! And "Misunderstood" is pretty good too and it's on the new Bridget Jones soundtrack. So if he sticks with Stephen as a co-writer, I think I will love his new stuff!

I like "Monsoon" and "Feel". I have his greatest hits. I imagine hes pretty dynamic live. He is, as has been mentioned, quite the character. :up:

PS I didnt know that about Stephen Duffy. I didnt know he was still around :huh:

I have to admit - rather embarrassedly - that I do quite like some of his stuff. I agree, Angles and Millenium are very good & catchy. :)

I dont mind his stuff. However, ive yet to hear a song on a album of his, (that wasnt a single) that I actually like. So he certainly makes the right single choices off the album!

discotheque77 said:

Yes, but he doesn't want to break US.

Not true! He's been wanting to break the US. They have released many of this CDs here and to no avail.

His CDs are catchy and I have a couple of them from when I was living in Bulgaria.

It's funny how he hit it big while the Songwriter and lead singer of Take That Gary Barlow hasn't been a big hit

He rules... just because he has an EGO so big that makes it funny

the MTV Crimbs they did on him was hillarious... and he gas great songs: Angels, Feel, Come Undone

If you can, buy his Live from Knebworth DVD... and play Angels... in the 2nd chorus you'll see his power with people... like 300 thousand people in 3 days for his concerts there.. amazing

I don't like him that much, I just know a lot :wink:

jkayet said:
I have to admit - rather embarrassedly - that I do quite like some of his stuff. I agree, Angles and Millenium are very good & catchy. :)

I'm inclined to agree here. He's got a great voice, and IMO does pop right. :up:

I just saw an article today with Robbie saying he would still be doing drug if they didn't make him fat.

Interesting.

I would post it here but don't remember where I saw it. It was a major news organization though!

I think maybe 'Angels' is about that TV show, y'know.

His girl is cool and all, but what Robbie wants to do is just sit and watch episodes of 'Angel', hence 'I'm loving Angels instead'. The plural (gramatically wrong, of course) is to put on an air of realism.

Yeah.

Edit: And Jessica Simpson :mad:

Not too fond of him. He's got some okay tunes, but I don't like his personality.

I once saw a documentary on him where he was so incredibly rude about his fans... I don't like that kind of behaviour.

Back
Top Bottom