Road to Perdition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anthony

Refugee
I'm curious to see who saw it and what people thought of it.

Myself, on the whole I really enjoyed it. Yes, it was shallow and not a lot actually went on, but the visuals were fantastic, the directing was masterful and the perfomances, especially from Paul Newman, were great.

Actually, Paul Newman was pretty moving.

Does anybody think it will go on to win oscars?

Ant.

I saw this movie a couple weeks after it came out....I really enjoyed it! It was so weird seeing Tom Hanks played a "serial killer" (in a way) role!! I liked the story...... to tell you the truth I wasn't expecting the ending like that! Cause you think it's about to be over and then BAM! I dunno.

Oscars? I dunno, it got a lot rave reviews so could be. I agree Paul Newman was great in this movie!

I give this movie :up: :up: !!!

I think it's the best movie I've seen as a whole so far this year. I'd like to see Newman and Hanks with statues and the movie should at least be nominated.

I saw a preview of it for the newspaper last week and in my wee article i give it 9/10

I liked it :up: :yes:

You would 'like' to apologise...?

My fave part in the movie was when Paul Newman's character confronted that dumb-ass fool son of his, Connor. I love the way it was directed and I love the way he thumped the table. Dude.

My other fave part was when Paul Newman and Hanks confront each other in the church. 'There is only one guarantee; none of us will see Heaven'. I love that line, and the way he said it.

Newman should win a frickin' oscar.

Ant.

everytime someone was shot i want ooh and jumped- it scared the bejaysus outta me!!! im a wimp :wave:

I wanted to see it when it was out in the thearthers but never got around to it. I have lapses sometimes and don't go to the moveis for a while. I guess I will have to wait for it to come out on video. I am actually going to the movies tonight with some friends. I don't know what we are going to see yet though.

Sure I have ONE good close friend...anyone else I know is just a 'chum' or 'mate'

I dont hang with anyone but I dont call myself a loser...

Im just not that sociable, and 90% of time prefer to be by meself doin what I wanna do or go where I wanna go.

:wave:

I was disappointed with it. I guess I expected more from a movie starring two of my favorite actors (Newman and Hanks) and the director of American Beauty, which I loved. The performances were good, but the movie never drew me into the story and I didn't come to care for the characters, except maybe for the little boy. I also felt the ending was predictable in relation to Jude law's part in the film.

i cant wait to see it!! i was meant to go last night but ive no money left cuz i was at Mundy in the olympia last night!!

i think it could be even pretty average and i would still LOVE it, cuz PAUL NEWMAN and TOM HANKS IN THE SAME FILM!!

AMAZING!!

but i think it will be great, because with Paul Newman especially, you can always place a certain stock in his films, he picks em carefully!:hyper:

Back
Top Bottom