Road (RoW-Ad) Trip Songs – Time and Place Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dalton

Blue Crack Addict
Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Okay, so as I said in another thread, Mrs. Dalton and I just went and saw Elizabeth Town. While I was not excited about the movie as a whole, the last 15 minutes were about the coolest thing that I have ever seen. Orlando Blooms character takes a road trip from Elizabeth Town, KY to someplace in Oregon; but this is no ordinary road trip. Kirsten Dunst’s (whom I dislike with and unholy passion) character makes a road map taking him to the finest pieces of Americana Roadtripendom out there (world’s tallest Gopher statue, cheap dinosaur parks, obscure food joints with the world’s greatest chili, etc), but the very BEST part of her hand-made atlas is that she put music to the whole trip! She timed the whole trip so an appropriate song would be playing when he arrived at a destination (Pride when he arrives at the hotel where Martin Luther King was shot, etc).

So, here’s what I want. Next summer, I am going to take a motorcycle trip (haven’t’ decided where yet…) and I want to put a soundtrack to it. I want to hear about the best road trip music you have. Not just albums, but specific songs, and if you are a retarded romantic like me a place to be playing it.

For example, one of my favorite moments in life is when I am driving east from and I hit the Mississippi at sunrise. I put in Heartland by U2 and soak in the moment. Heaven has to be something like that.

So, what do you have to offer. Which songs are great when the wind is blowing through your hair?

I second Uber Beaver on that one

I also like Immigrant Song and Kashmir by Led Zepplein

and Tom Petty's "Running Down a Dream"

Bright Eyes - Another Travelin' Song

"Well, I got a 426 hemi here, 3/4 cams, nitro boosters, I can get 'er up to as good as 155! Never do, though, of course, unless I'm chasing a cute chick in a Ferrari! I guess I was goin' about... 65, tops"

Last edited:
"Surface To Air" By the Chemical Brothers. Discovered this recently as a kick-ass driving song. It's got no words, but it builds slowly...not a typical "techno" song...it's got a great vibe to it...

P.S.---it's from the "Push the Button" CD

Well, of course there is absolutely nothing like "Streets" to accompany you when you first start out on your trip... nothing but open road, you, and music! :yes:

And I have about a thousand other songs that have been the perfect companions on road trips... I'll have to try and remember some more...

Nice thread :up:

Back
Top Bottom