RMT LXXI: Feel Like We Could Discuss 1000 Bands in This Thread, You Guys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have any of you had the experience of working a short week and every 8 hour day feels especially long thanks to the anticipation of the 4 day weekend? Today is just gruelling.

This week was weird. Every day kind of felt like it was breezing by, but by the time I was leaving for home, it felt like I'd been there foreeeever.

Starting your work day with Abbey Road is a good way to start your work day. I'm thankful I have a job where I can just put on headphones and get to work!

Lucky indeed. I wish I could do that at my job. We have that little thing where you can press a button and hear snippets of various songs from CDs, and hearing that over and over and over again at work is...:crack:. Normally I either turn it down or off when things start winding down and listen to whatever music is playing in the main area of the mall, but they've got Christmas music playing out there now, and there's Christmas music in the sampler thing, too, so not much difference, really.

Have any of you had the experience of working a short week and every 8 hour day feels especially long thanks to the anticipation of the 4 day weekend? Today is just gruelling.

Yes. And on the flip side, I recently had a few days off from work, and it was a bit tough to get motivated to wake up and go to work yesterday.

I'm REALLY dreading working on Friday. I beg anyone who's going to start their holiday shopping tomorrow night (seriously, it's batshit insane how early stores are opening now. There is really no justifiable reason why a store should be open at any point on Thanksgiving Day) or on Friday, please, please go easy on the retail employees. I trust everyone here is good and reasonable and understandable, of course, just a general plea.

On a much lighter note, woo for new jobs, Danny! Good luck, I hope things go well for you next week :).

Nickelback seems to the standard-bearer for insufferable pop-rock these days. But, given the choice between listening to them or Maroon 5 for an hour straight, I would definitely choose Nickelback, or anyone else for that matter. Maroon 5 has got to be the most insipid, pandering effluvia on the radio at the moment.

I dunno, I'd listen to Maroon 5 out of the two, myself. I'm not big on any of their newer songs, either, but at least there's an (annoyingly) catchy element to them*. Chad Kroger's voice just drives me up the wall, and Nickelback's music is just...ugh. Ugh.

*Edit: or, you know, what cobl said.

I love Songs About Jane and their last album was pretty good.

But this new single of theirs is really just the worst thing ever. I hate it so much, I feel like my ears are bleeding if I even leave it on for more than 3 or 4 seconds.

nickelback seems to the standard-bearer for insufferable pop-rock these days. But, given the choice between listening to them or maroon 5 for an hour straight, i would definitely choose nickelback, or anyone else for that matter. Maroon 5 has got to be the most insipid, pandering effluvia on the radio at the moment.

Preach!

I hate Maroon 5, but Nickelback is a special kind of suckitude.

And one of my deep dark secrets: for some reason I enjoy the Maroon 5 song "Sunday Morning". I can't listen to anything else by them; not sure what it is about that song that appeals to me.

And one of my deep dark secrets: for some reason I enjoy the Maroon 5 song "Sunday Morning". I can't listen to anything else by them; not sure what it is about that song that appeals to me.

That's my favorite too. It's corny as hell. I heard it in a Subway or something once, but otherwise I'm not sure how anyone would remember it. For whatever reason it didn't stick like the other Jane tracks.

Pretty sure I've only heard one or two maroon 5 songs. They sucked, but I haven't exactly had to hear them in recent years.

If only She Will Be Loved hadn't been so overplayed. I still love it, but I can hardly stand listening to it now.

And Sunday Morning was REALLY overplayed back in the day, but I do enjoy it.

I've never been a huge fan of This Love.

Oh man, Carly Rae Jepsen is playing her new single on the Macy's Parade, and the synths are awesome. Straight out of Rocket by Goldfrapp. But the lyrics. Oh God, so horrendous.

I went out last night
I'm going out tonight again

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles....how could you sully your good name by letting Neon Trees on your float?

The only consolation is that the lead singer (looking like a 90s Eminem fanboy) is CLEARLY lipsynching. I know they all do at the parade, but it's hilarious when some people get obviously busted.

I really need to sort out all my CD's. I've been saying that for over a year ever since we moved. I just can't arsed really even though it's annoying. There's always something more exciting to do than dealing with the music. I've added to the mayhem by taking home a lot freebie CD's that we're not allowed to sell in the shop. Those loose cd's and the one's that come in a cardboard slip are terrible. There's a Coldplay cd without a case and Viva La Vida is in a cardboard slip.

My least favorite part of moving is putting all of the CDs back on the shelf.

They have to be in alphabetical order, because so many of them are burned discs, so it takes hours and hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom