RMT LXXI: Feel Like We Could Discuss 1000 Bands in This Thread, You Guys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately his shop is still boarded up because last year part of the wall collapsed into river that is directly opposite his shop. The area has been closed off for a year. He does still sells vinyl, Cd's, dvd's and games online. He has a facebook page. Vinyl sells very well nowadays. According to his profile he is friends with a few celebrities

cobl04 said:
Limp Bizkit covered Behind Blue Eyes. With crappy synths. I won't post it.

I think I knew this. But it was such a traumatic experience that I'd managed to block it out. Excuse me while I go rock back and forth in a corner.

I made that mistake of going grocery shopping while hungry. Probably have enough food for a month. I tend to forget that I live so close to things that unless we're talking about minor threat or some of the tracks off 69 love songs, I get to the store in less time it takes to listen to a single song.

That Limp Bizkit cover of Behind Blue Eyes is indeed a travesty. The video is almost as bad, what with Halle Berry gallivanting with Durst in some kind of asylum.

Actually, I think may be thinking of another song he had no business covering but did. Didn't he and the douchenozzle from staind fuck with pearl jam or something?

iron yuppie said:
That Limp Bizkit cover of Behind Blue Eyes is indeed a travesty. The video is almost as bad, what with Halle Berry gallivanting with Durst in some kind of asylum.

How about the computerised press-and-spell breakdown in the middle of the song?

Bought a USB Headphone jack for my computer. My headphone jack has been broken for months (which is part of the reason I have listened to so little music this year. :drool: Best listen to "Radio Nowhere" ever just now.

Shame I'm watching my first (yes, first!) James Bond movie right now, and will have to put off listening to some music for a bit.

While I'll likely post a couple more times before leaving, I'm heading to my parents' place in the morning for the holiday and won't be back until Sunday afternoon. USA-ers, hope you all have a great Thanksgiving! Non-USA-ers, hope you have a great rest of the week. Have fun, everyone. :up:

What channel has James Bond on??? We need to know!

We rented Dr. No. Sorry :(

I have sometimes really bad othertimes rather mild OCD (as I'm sure I've mentioned before), so I've never been able to bring myself to watch any of these movies because I'd have to watch them in order and there are just so many of them. But our video store just got the new box set, so they have every film available to rent (except Skyfall, obviously), so I finally got my hands on Dr. No. And here we are.

Actually, I think may be thinking of another song he had no business covering but did. Didn't he and the douchenozzle from staind fuck with pearl jam or something?

Pretty sure Aaron Lewis covered Black. Don't ask me why I know that or the name of the guy from Staind.

bono_212 said:
We rented Dr. No. Sorry :(

Dang. We're up here in Bishop and usually James Bond is on for Thanksgiving. But now I get even more unpaid days off, so we've been coming up here before Thanksgiving and there's no JB to watch.

I hope that makes sense. I had an Orange Amber Ale a while ago and I'm tired.

Perhaps it was already discussed here...

but Give Up by The Postal Service just went platinum last month, almost a decade after its release. As much as I've liked Death Cab for Cutie, my first Ben Gibbard project love will always be for The Postal Service. :heart:

Also, I'm listening to Tame Impala for the first time. I think I like it?

HeartlandGirl said:
but Give Up by The Postal Service just went platinum last month, almost a decade after its release. As much as I've liked Death Cab for Cutie, my first Ben Gibbard project love will always be for The Postal Service. :heart:

?

I liked that album. I remember I bought it cos pax put the district sleeps alone tonight on an icde mix, and I thought it was great. Then I was sorely disappointed in the rest of the album for about two years til I realized its actually really great driving on the highway at 4am music.

The first time I ever listened to Give Up was while driving from Dallas to OKC, and I fell in love with it immediately. It really is terrific driving music.

I just like the sincerity.

I'm curious, I'm not seeing anything listed on Warrior as what she's done with Wayne, I wonder if this "acoustic" stuff that's going to be released as a bonus EP may be it. It's all a little psychy and not her at all.

Postal Service just barely went platinum?! Let me guess, that Owl City crap probably went platinum the first week it was released.

Postal Service just barely went platinum?! Let me guess, that Owl City crap probably went platinum the first week it was released.

Probably, although at the rate music is pirated these days, does anything go platinum anymore? I'm sure Owl City was certified platinum in torrents at least ;)

Have a safe trip home mofo, it should be good driving weather this year for the holiday weekend.

Can't believe I looked this up, but the Owl City album took 8 months to go platinum. Which is about 8 months and a thousand years too soon, in my opinion. :down:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom