RMT LXXI: Feel Like We Could Discuss 1000 Bands in This Thread, You Guys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Basinski times

My big issue is that the reviewer is treating it like it's a piece of high conceptual sound art, rather than what it truly is. For Pitchfork to give out a 10 is a Thing in itself, but to have the review end in some stoner existentialism isn't exactly promising.

I have time to spare though, so I'm gonna listen to the whole thing at some stage, preferably with the same stoner existentialism going on.

Without actually getting high, I tried to get myself in the stoner existentialist mindset by getting out my best pair of headphones, making sure the house was silent, hell, I think I even went for a night walk with it. Still repetitive bullcrap with 10-15 seconds of imagination per track.

Without actually getting high, I tried to get myself in the stoner existentialist mindset by getting out my best pair of headphones, making sure the house was silent, hell, I think I even went for a night walk with it. Still repetitive bullcrap with 10-15 seconds of imagination per track.

Is it literally just the same 20-second sample that just slowly deteriorates over the course of an hour? How much fucking weed would you have to smoke to get something out of that? It's a nice little story and idea in theory...

I'm 7 minutes into that Basinski track LM posted and it's been a constant repeat of the first 10 seconds. :lol:

cobl04 said:
This was someone's DI cover.

Pretty ordinary song though. There's definitely a lot of songs I'd have preferred to have heard.

Sorry.

These Are My Twisted Words is one of my favorite Radiohead songs of the last 5 years.

Supercollider is the best non-TKOL TKOL-era song.

Maybe cobl's idea of doing a Radiohead survivor isn't that bad.

I'm listening to Quadrophenia at work right now. I'm almost halfway into it and I just don't see it when people say this is a better album than Who's Next. I mean, this is a good album and all, but it's just not their best.

The Who never did anything as emotionally powerful or instrumentally accomplished as the second LP/disc of Quadrophenia. The first half takes some time to establish the plot, but the second half really kicks it into high gear.

These Are My Twisted Words is one of my favorite Radiohead songs of the last 5 years.

I didn't connect with that one the way I have with The Daily Mail and Supercollider but I like it. I like all Radiohead songs, guys. Shocking revelation, I know.

I'm going shopping now. And I just got word that our office is closed tomorrow, yay.

nielsgov said:
Supercollider is the best non-TKOL TKOL-era song.

Maybe cobl's idea of doing a Radiohead survivor isn't that bad.

Staircase/Daily Mail/Ful Stop for mine.

It's a great idea, I just don't want to run if :lol:

the tourist said:
I'm listening to Quadrophenia at work right now. I'm almost halfway into it and I just don't see it when people say this is a better album than Who's Next. I mean, this is a good album and all, but it's just not their best.

It does everything Who's Next does and more.

u2popmofo said:

Me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom