RMT LXXI: Feel Like We Could Discuss 1000 Bands in This Thread, You Guys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
155470_v1.jpg

I leave for Disney Sunday, and sincerely hope to see a billboard sized version of this in the new Fantasyland section of the park.

Oh and Laz, I heard it this way:
Mickey and Minnie are in divorce court and the judge says to Mickey, "Mickey I can't grant you a divorce from Minnie just because you say she's crazy"
To which Mickey replies,"I didn't say she was crazy, I said she was fucking Goofy!"

Something tells me that chumbawumba song would be a really awesome ringtone the first time I got a phone call, and then after that it would be incredibly annoying.

3800a2a3.png

...we're doomed.

3800a2a3.png

Can he teach the Middle East to party hard?

The future of the world may depend on it.

3800a2a3.png

Is he going to attempt to bring peace by introducing the region to My Little Pony?

It's worth a shot.

3800a2a3.png

Secretary...of partying down!!

3800a2a3.png

Secretary of partying hard, you mean.

3800a2a3.png

So, I'm back from Germany, and, I have many, many tales to tell.

believe.jpg

You think you know.

Am I the only one not remotely bothered by the Pride remix? No worse than most of the other miserable remixes they've been flooding (heyo) their singles with for the last 20 years.

u2popmofo said:
You think you know.

Am I the only one not remotely bothered by the Pride remix? No worse than any of the other miserable remixes they've been flooding (heyo) their singles with for the last 20 years.

Mostly agree, but it came up on shuffle in the car on Saturday and someone asked if there was something wrong with my stereo.

Sounds like you need to clean your aux hole out.

By the way, I haven't looked on U2.com yet, did they just provide a stream for subscribers, or an actual download? , ,comma, ,

u2popmofo said:
Sounds like you need to clean your aux hole out.

By the way, I haven't looked on U2.com yet, did they just provide a stream for subscribers, or an actual download? , ,comma, ,

Depends on your definition of "actual download." It's pretty easy to download U2.com's audio streams.

Don't worry, I will buy it from iTunes.

Mofos musket barrel may not reach his own face, but I'm sure it will reach yours!

My issue with this remix is the same issue I've ever had with any band that ever pads their singles with remixes of the actual single, and that is that they're never really good. If they're not so annoying that I can't even make it through a single listen, they're only at best tolerable but significantly inferior to the original. It probably also has something to do with the fact that the bulk of remixes I'd hear would be guitar-based songs turned more dance-y, and I continue to be eternally close-minded toward anything that can be perceived as closer to techno than rock music. In the end, I'd take a mediocre completely separate b-side over a remix any day. Hmm...maybe not, cos now I think of it, I sort of rank big girls are best on the same level of suckitude as an oontzy beautiful day. I guess it's all just hypothetical, since I haven't bothered with singles for even longer than I haven't bothered with U2.

There are some albums out there that have a few iconic songs where I was majorly disappointed with the album as a whole. One of those such albums is Good News For People Who Love Bad News. I just listened to that album and it reinforced my initial thought that the album had a few good songs and a handful of filler. But then I rediscovered a couple of the album tracks that I do like, and they were fantastic. Black Cadillacs and The Good Times Are Killing Me. Hadn't heard either in years!

I could probably only name a few songs from that particular album that I don't love.

I wish the same was true for me. That and the following album had less than ten songs combined that I still have any desire to go out of my way to listen to.

I just want to say that Wilco's One Sunday Morning remains my favorite new song of the past few years. IT BREAKS MY HEART EVERY TIME I LISTEN TO IT.

So much Powerjuice is flowing here at work today.

I have never heard that song. You have made me want to listen to it, but at the same time, I don't want to be sad. WHATEVER SHALL I DO??????!!!!!?????!!!!

Bowie was on one hell of a roll in the early seventies when you think that he could just give away a song as good as All the Young Dudes.

Speaking of the '70's, I wrote "communication breakdown" in two work emails today. It made me happy.

Bowie was on one hell of a roll in the early seventies when you think that he could just give away a song as good as All the Young Dudes.

I hate that song by Mott the Hopple. The station that we played in our hire cars as we were in America played it a couple of times a day, every day.

Speaking of the '70's, I wrote "communication breakdown" in two work emails today. It made me happy.

Before you edited this post, I was going to reply with this.

Skyhooks. Living In The 70's - YouTube

Speaking of things that came out before I was born, I don't know what I'm talking about.

I think you should loudly proclaim this to your coworkers. And then not explain it at all.

I don't want to explode anyone's mind on my first back, but you're right, I should. Loudly.

Speaking of things that came out before I was born, I don't know what I'm talking about.

You really don't.

I have never heard that song. You have made me want to listen to it, but at the same time, I don't want to be sad. WHATEVER SHALL I DO??????!!!!!?????!!!!

Listen to it and then thank me whenever you have time.

I have to admit, I don't know a thing about this dude. I remember when he first became a known quantity, but I barely remember why, and I don't know why he's known now. I'm sure it's because my head is sometimes in the sand, but, still. I AM IGNORANT OF THE WHYS AND HOWS OF ANDREW WK AND HIS CRAZY LIFE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom