River Piddle, Dorset Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 MB, what can I say? :shrug:

I couldn't even download the iTunes installer thing which was like, 57MB or so. It'd take longer than my internet will hold out for.
I still don't know why it disconnects me every 6 hours.

Or why it has to disconnect me every time someone calls. :angry:

I am curious as to where all the spoons have gone to. We have two teaspoons and about five tablespoons...

The cat ran away with the spoon?
The same thing is happening to our forks! We have more spoons than we know what to do with, but little by little, our forks keep disappearing. And since I am the resident dishwasher :)rolleyes:) I tend to notice things like this. We have maybe 1/3 of the amount of spoons in forks.

Well, we always get the very experimental first leg. In which U2 almost never plays Ohio. And it's usually the only time they ever play our State capital (Columbus), if they don't skip it entirely, which is known to happen. And then they come back third (?) leg and they usually only hit Cleveland (which is damn near 4 hours away from where I live.) if they even stop in Ohio at all. The only real chance I'd have if they skipped Ohio would be to go see them in Penn. or something. :grumpy:

When I first bought HTDAAB, I liked it a lot. But I quickly began to lose interest in the songs I currently dislike from it today. It's not in my bottom or anything but it's definitely not very near the top either.

I tend to think the first leg of any given tour is the best. You usually get more rarities, and by the middle of the leg, the band's in full swing. Ohio's never been skipped on any tour (with the obvious exception of Lovetown, which went to parts of the world the JT Tour missed). All the times Ohio has been played, whee. Oh, and don't worry, judging by a gaffe Bono made on the Elevation Tour, he thinks Detroit is in Ohio. :wink:

Yeah, HTDAAB had absolutely no staying power. I once loved Miracle Drug. Then I didn't hear it for a year until it randomly came on one day and it left me feeling so underwhelmed.

WHAT. That's just moronic! My mother works at a clothing shop part-time and can wear basically whatever she likes. Though if they did implement a rule like that, it wouldn't be too much of a problem for her since some of the clothes she sews are sold in the shop!

Oh, I know. The sad thing is that I will never wear their clothes again once I stop working there. The even sadder thing is that most of the money I earn goes straight back to the shop when new stock arrives.

We're not allowed to wear anything that's on sale in the shop, either.

I couldn't even download the iTunes installer thing which was like, 57MB or so. It'd take longer than my internet will hold out for.
I still don't know why it disconnects me every 6 hours.

Or why it has to disconnect me every time someone calls. :angry:

I feel your pain

We could be the dialup twins :giggle:

If I ever by some frame of miracle do get high speed, what in the world will I bitch about?

This internet is so damned fast. Yeesh. :giggle:

Oh, I know. The sad thing is that I will never wear their clothes again once I stop working there. The even sadder thing is that most of the money I earn goes straight back to the shop when new stock arrives.

We're not allowed to wear anything that's on sale in the shop, either.

Great way for the owners to generate more income for themselves. :|

I tend to think the first leg of any given tour is the best. You usually get more rarities, and by the middle of the leg, the band's in full swing. Ohio's never been skipped on any tour (with the obvious exception of Lovetown, which went to parts of the world the JT Tour missed). All the times Ohio has been played, whee. Oh, and don't worry, judging by a gaffe Bono made on the Elevation Tour, he thinks Detroit is in Ohio. :wink:

Yeah, HTDAAB had absolutely no staying power. I once loved Miracle Drug. Then I didn't hear it for a year until it randomly came on one day and it left me feeling so underwhelmed.
Ah, I could've sworn in like, Pop or something that they skipped Ohio. Guess I was wrong. I was reading U2.com's tour dates thing, think I might've got it mixed up with something else. They played Columbus in the Elevation tour (which I would loved to have gone to but I was only 13.) but they didn't in the Vertigo tour, which bummed me because I live south west in Ohio, which means I am closer to Indiana and Kentucky than anything else and Cleveland is almost 4 hours away, which is a total strain when you consider gas prices and whatnot.
:lol: Detroit in Ohio, eh?

I feel your pain

If I ever by some frame of miracle do get high speed, what in the world will I bitch about?

Oh if either of us got high speed, we'd bitch about it going slow even though it's "slow" would be like 98757298475879 times faster than what we have now.

I feel your pain

I remember the dark days of dialup. The frustration you feel when you get booted from the connection...the pain of waiting for large images to load...

: shudder :

Oh, wireless card, how I love you so!

Ah, I could've sworn in like, Pop or something that they skipped Ohio. Guess I was wrong. I was reading U2.com's tour dates thing, think I might've got it mixed up with something else. They played Columbus in the Elevation tour (which I would loved to have gone to but I was only 13.) but they didn't in the Vertigo tour, which bummed me because I live south west in Ohio, which means I am closer to Indiana and Kentucky than anything else and Cleveland is almost 4 hours away, which is a total strain when you consider gas prices and whatnot.
:lol: Detroit in Ohio, eh?

Ah, right. Indiana and Kentucky get shafted even worse; U2's only played them 4 and 3 times respectively. Definitely not the most played part of the US. Meanwhile, New York gets eight shows on the Vertigo Tour alone. :| God, U2, wake the fuck up and realise there's a whole world out there. Western Europe and North America aren't the only places that want to hear some music and will pay handsomely for the privilege.

And yeah, at the Detroit show in May 2001, Bono comes onstage and calls out "Detroit, OHIO!" :laugh:

four more minutes! :yippie:

I love the download speeds, hate the upload speeds.

For axver and anyone ELSE interested in some prize California punk:

http://www.sends pace.com/file/hkxxx8

I'll send you a tracklisting guide, if you want, just let me know.

Ah, right. Indiana and Kentucky get shafted even worse; U2's only played them 4 and 3 times respectively. Definitely not the most played part of the US. Meanwhile, New York gets eight shows on the Vertigo Tour alone. :| God, U2, wake the fuck up and realise there's a whole world out there. Western Europe and North America aren't the only places that want to hear some music and will pay handsomely for the privilege.

And yeah, at the Detroit show in May 2001, Bono comes onstage and calls out "Detroit, OHIO!" :laugh:
Exactly, that's why it'd be a trip to go to either Pittsburgh or Cleveland, if Columbus doesn't get played, that is. And even if they do, what's the guarantee you can even pick up tickets, ya know? This tour is going to drive me insane. I plan to go but the odds are highly against me. :sigh:

I wish they'd play more cities and stuff than they do. I've heard that there was a new stadium down in Cinci and I am kind of hoping they might but I'm not going to hold my breath for it. :| i hate Ohio.

"Detroit, Ohio!" :laugh: That's great! I'm sure that's not the first time he's done something similar or gotten places mixed up either!

I've been thinking of getting an itunes card but I'm worried that it'll disconnect halfway through a song download.

Let's not forget that U2 usually ignores the east coast of Canada entirely. Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver. They did Winnipeg, Calgary and Edmonton with Popmart I guess. Come on U2, come East!

I've been thinking of getting an itunes card but I'm worried that it'll disconnect halfway through a song download.

Let's not forget that U2 usually ignores the east coast of Canada entirely. Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver. They did Winnipeg, Calgary and Edmonton with Popmart I guess. Come on U2, come East!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom