River Piddle, Dorset Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:love:
Hawkmoon is awesome, I'd like to hear that one live, too!

Yeah, I understand wha you're saying. The work that he does must be some kind of distraction on the outside of the recording and rehearsing and all. It's not easy being a multi-tasker!

I love that it was played the most in Melbourne, of any city. It's also rare in that it's a U2 song never played in North America. Though Zooropa is the most under-played album in North America; only Stay and The First Time have been done there.

I don't want to say that he should only be a musician or only be an activist, since plenty of people have successfully combined the two, but right now I feel like he's a half-informed activist and a mildly distracted musician. Just see recent lyrics ...

I love that it was played the most in Melbourne, of any city. It's also rare in that it's a U2 song never played in North America. Though Zooropa is the most under-played album in North America; only Stay and The First Time have been done there.

I don't want to say that he should only be a musician or only be an activist, since plenty of people have successfully combined the two, but right now I feel like he's a half-informed activist and a mildly distracted musician. Just see recent lyrics ...
America always gets shafted. :laugh:
I really hope that the next album is good, though. Seriously. I was very disappointed with HTDAAB. One Step Closer made it a little bit better, but yeah. I am looking forward to the next album and what it may bring.

Nah, I don't think he should solely do one or the other. He just seems pretty preoccupied, either way.

America always gets shafted. :laugh:
I really hope that the next album is good, though. Seriously. I was very disappointed with HTDAAB. One Step Closer made it a little bit better, but yeah. I am looking forward to the next album and what it may bring.

Nah, I don't think he should solely do one or the other. He just seems pretty preoccupied, either way.

Getting two legs of every tour must be TERRIBLE! :lmao:

I, uh, initially loved HTDAAB. Let us never speak of that again. It's now in my bottom three U2 albums with Achtung and ATYCLB. I'm quietly optimistic about the next album, though. Looking forward to something hurrying up and leaking.

jaysus. AX, i'm gonna email you the zipped folder cause a certian website hates me.

well as soon as I get a cold, I start blowing my nose... after ony a day my nose gets red and irritated, no matter what I use, tissues, toilet paper, makes no difference!
:hug:
That's pretty much the same problem I got. The last time I was really bad sick, my nose was awful because in all the time, I'd used 2 boxes of tissue and god knows ow many rolls of toilet paper.

well as soon as I get a cold, I start blowing my nose... after ony a day my nose gets red and irritated, no matter what I use, tissues, toilet paper, makes no difference!

I buy one specific brand of tissues because they're the only ones that don't seem to turn my nose into a red mess of unhappiness after less than a day. Though I'm still buggered by halfway through the second day of any cold anyway.

And let me just say this: using kitchen paper towels is a really astonishingly dumb idea, especially if you buy the ultra-cheap ones that are almost sandpaper. Just because it's nearer to you than the box of tissues in the lounge doesn't mean you should use it!

Getting two legs of every tour must be TERRIBLE! :lmao:

I, uh, initially loved HTDAAB. Let us never speak of that again. It's now in my bottom three U2 albums with Achtung and ATYCLB. I'm quietly optimistic about the next album, though. Looking forward to something hurrying up and leaking.

Well, we always get the very experimental first leg. In which U2 almost never plays Ohio. And it's usually the only time they ever play our State capital (Columbus), if they don't skip it entirely, which is known to happen. And then they come back third (?) leg and they usually only hit Cleveland (which is damn near 4 hours away from where I live.) if they even stop in Ohio at all. The only real chance I'd have if they skipped Ohio would be to go see them in Penn. or something. :grumpy:

When I first bought HTDAAB, I liked it a lot. But I quickly began to lose interest in the songs I currently dislike from it today. It's not in my bottom or anything but it's definitely not very near the top either.

:hug:
That's pretty much the same problem I got. The last time I was really bad sick, my nose was awful because in all the time, I'd used 2 boxes of tissue and god knows ow many rolls of toilet paper.

there's a little magic ointment that solves my problem! vaseline créme :love:

Oh, I must see this! Go out and buy/steal a scanner.

No can do.

But here is a sexy version made using a COMPUTER!

specialentertainingmentpt7.gif

Damn, it's being a pain? Hate it when it does that.

Hope both you and Serena got my e-mails.
:banghead: Sends pac e has decided to cooperate, it's just gonna take 23 minutes. 26 of the best EBPM songs, tho.

Damn, it's being a pain? Hate it when it does that.

Hope both you and Serena got my e-mails.
Yes, I got them. I was a little worried when I didn't see them in my inbox but I keep forgetting that I have my hotmail set to send anything umfamiliar to junk (so that I don't go thinking I've important email, check it and find it's spam. Therefore, I check my junk folder at least once a day.)
Thank you again! :hug:

I have to go to work :grumpy:

And I have to go and buy clothes for work. :grumpy: All employees have to keep up to date with the shop's latest "fashion" (read: shapeless, horrible clothing that only looks good on large, middle-aged women), so they force us to buy a new wardrobe every four weeks.

It's a pain in the arse, even though we get a 50% discount.

And I have to go and buy clothes for work. :grumpy: All employees have to keep up to date with the shop's latest "fashion" (read: shapeless, horrible clothing that only looks good on large, middle-aged women), so they force us to buy a new wardrobe every four weeks.

It's a pain in the arse, even though we get a 50% discount.

WHAT. That's just moronic! My mother works at a clothing shop part-time and can wear basically whatever she likes. Though if they did implement a rule like that, it wouldn't be too much of a problem for her since some of the clothes she sews are sold in the shop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom