River Piddle, Dorset Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhh...yeah. Gonna send s pac ethe folder, Axver *nods*

Ahhh, I didn't know 'cause I don't know a whole hell of a lot about their concerts in general, so I wasn't sure whether or not they had done it before that guy came on stage or not. And One Tree Hill had to have been awesome live. :up:

:laugh: That must've been quite the funny sight!

Don't worry, it means I can show off my mad setlist knowledge skillz. :wink:

It just amazes me how poorly Bono knows his own work. Any song written more than two years ago seems to escape him entirely. Meanwhile, I see artists like Neil Finn, who have shitloads more songs spread over multiple bands, able to play pretty much any song - in terms of both singing and on guitar - from any of their bands pretty much on command. I've seen Neil ask for requests at concerts and genuinely pay them, rather than doing what Bono once did, of asking for requests and pretending that he heard somebody say People Get Ready so that he could play what was on the printed setlist.

One Tree Hill ruled all, I assure you. Especially since the show was within site of what is now None Tree Hill. :drool:

Don't worry, it means I can show off my mad setlist knowledge skillz. :wink:

It just amazes me how poorly Bono knows his own work. Any song written more than two years ago seems to escape him entirely. Meanwhile, I see artists like Neil Finn, who have shitloads more songs spread over multiple bands, able to play pretty much any song - in terms of both singing and on guitar - from any of their bands pretty much on command. I've seen Neil ask for requests at concerts and genuinely pay them, rather than doing what Bono once did, of asking for requests and pretending that he heard somebody say People Get Ready so that he could play what was on the printed setlist.

One Tree Hill ruled all, I assure you. Especially since the show was within site of what is now None Tree Hill. :drool:
:lol: And I get to learn something new!

Well, not everyone has the greatest memory. As I believe we discussed the other day. :laugh: So that could have something to do with it, maybe. Which is sort of worrying, actually. :uhoh:

One Tree Hill is awesome anyway, I'd love to have heard it at a concert. :drool:
Mind you, I just want to go to a U2 concert! So I am not gonna be fussy!

:lol: And I get to learn something new!

Well, not everyone has the greatest memory. As I believe we discussed the other day. :laugh: So that could have something to do with it, maybe. Which is sort of worrying, actually. :uhoh:

One Tree Hill is awesome anyway, I'd love to have heard it at a concert. :drool:
Mind you, I just want to go to a U2 concert! So I am not gonna be fussy!

Honestly, I kind of need an excuse to refresh my U2 setlist memory. Some stuff has faded a little because I just haven't had as much need to use it lately. Can't wait for the tour to get going and to find little random nuggets of information. It's a nice diversion from how dry and serious most of my uni stuff and other hobbies are!

Heh, true, but the thing is, this is Bono's JOB. U2 stopped making music for the hell of it the second they signed a record contract. I frankly expect better. If he were my employee, I'd have fired him for incompetence. You wouldn't stand for it if you worked in a supermarket and an employee constantly had to be reminded how to get to the milk section, despite the presence of obvious signs saying MILK.

Honestly, I kind of need an excuse to refresh my U2 setlist memory. Some stuff has faded a little because I just haven't had as much need to use it lately. Can't wait for the tour to get going and to find little random nuggets of information. It's a nice diversion from how dry and serious most of my uni stuff and other hobbies are!

Heh, true, but the thing is, this is Bono's JOB. U2 stopped making music for the hell of it the second they signed a record contract. I frankly expect better. If he were my employee, I'd have fired him for incompetence. You wouldn't stand for it if you worked in a supermarket and an employee constantly had to be reminded how to get to the milk section, despite the presence of obvious signs saying MILK.
Well, feel free to share your setlist knowledge with me! :hyper: I can't wait for the new album and tour. It's driving me nuts.

Well no, I wouldn't keep an employee like that either. I'm just saying that it could be part of the reason. Though I'd much prefer a bit of incompetence over a serious problem any day.

Bono should learn his lyrics better... tho with some people I"ve experienced it's just no use... my bass teacher is a brilliant musician, can play almost any instrument, great guitarist and such, but he just can't remember lyrics... well ofcourse he can remember bits and pieces, but not the whole thing like I can.. I only have to hear a song once and usually I know the entire lyric...

Well, feel free to share your setlist knowledge with me! :hyper: I can't wait for the new album and tour. It's driving me nuts.

Well no, I wouldn't keep an employee like that either. I'm just saying that it could be part of the reason. Though I'd much prefer a bit of incompetence over a serious problem any day.

Righto, then I'll show off. I was going to post this a couple of nights ago but held myself back. I'm kind of worried that I can do this. Every performance of Hawkmoon 269 ever:

1989-09-21, Perth
1989-09-27, Sydney
1989-10-03, Brisbane
1989-10-08, Melbourne
1989-10-13, Melbourne
1989-10-16, Melbourne
1989-11-18, Sydney
1989-12-18, Amsterdam

And it was snippeted at the start of Desire in Cologne on 2001-07-12 after a fan passed Bono the lyrics. :nerd:

I'd just like to see Bono a bit more dedicated to his music. I feel like he's distracted nowadays, and it's hurting both the music the band's making in the studio and the music they're playing live. Then again, can't be too bad as I still rank Vertigo in the band's top five tours.

Bono should learn his lyrics better... tho with some people I"ve experienced it's just no use... my bass teacher is a brilliant musician, can play almost any instrument, great guitarist and such, but he just can't remember lyrics... well ofcourse he can remember bits and pieces, but not the whole thing like I can.. I only have to hear a song once and usually I know the entire lyric...

At least he has the excuse that he's a bassist rather than a vocalist. :wink:

when I had a bad cold, I went trough three rolls of toilet paper in one weekend.. :crack:

How can you use toilet paper for tissue? That hurts so much. I've my nose extremely raw with tissue before. I don't wanna know how bad that would've been with toilet paper. :yikes:

rather than doing what Bono once did, of asking for requests and pretending that he heard somebody say People Get Ready so that he could play what was on the printed setlist.

I just drew a three panel comic of this, completely not under the realisation that this computer isn't attached to a scanner. :(

At least he has the excuse that he's a bassist rather than a vocalist. :wink:

he's actually mainly a guitarist, and backing vocalist.. :lol: but as he's a music teacher he can play piano, guitar, bass, drums, *insert any instrument here* he used to be in a band, but since they broke up he hasn't found a new one yet.. :love: coolest guy evar!

Page toilet paper is great :love: and it has puppies!

Righto, then I'll show off. I was going to post this a couple of nights ago but held myself back. I'm kind of worried that I can do this. Every performance of Hawkmoon 269 ever:

1989-09-21, Perth
1989-09-27, Sydney
1989-10-03, Brisbane
1989-10-08, Melbourne
1989-10-13, Melbourne
1989-10-16, Melbourne
1989-11-18, Sydney
1989-12-18, Amsterdam

And it was snippeted at the start of Desire in Cologne on 2001-07-12 after a fan passed Bono the lyrics. :nerd:

I'd just like to see Bono a bit more dedicated to his music. I feel like he's distracted nowadays, and it's hurting both the music the band's making in the studio and the music they're playing live. Then again, can't be too bad as I still rank Vertigo in the band's top five tours.
:love:
Hawkmoon is awesome, I'd like to hear that one live, too!

Yeah, I understand wha you're saying. The work that he does must be some kind of distraction on the outside of the recording and rehearsing and all. It's not easy being a multi-tasker!

he's actually mainly a guitarist, and backing vocalist.. :lol: but as he's a music teacher he can play piano, guitar, bass, drums, *insert any instrument here* he used to be in a band, but since they broke up he hasn't found a new one yet.. :love: coolest guy evar!

Wow, that's pretty bloody impressive.

And backing vocalists only need to know about four words in every song. :wink:

How can you use toilet paper for tissue? That hurts so much. I've my nose extremely raw with tissue before. I don't wanna know how bad that would've been with toilet paper. :yikes:

we didn't have tissues... and for me it doesn't matter either, my nose is fucked either way...
tho this toilet paper is nice, and it's less gross and tearing apart than tissues..

Wow, that's pretty bloody impressive.

And backing vocalists only need to know about four words in every song. :wink:

hm that's true... I still need to get my hands on the cover of Vertigo he did three years back.. he played guitar and sung.. :giggle: and he sung the 1st verse twice, at the dress rehearsal, 1st night and 2nd night... I later asked him why, he was all melodramatic: have you never heard the 2nd verse? It's so horrible I can't sing it!... :wink: I said the words to the 2nd verse, and he was like... :uhoh: o....kaaaay....
:wink: then said he can't remember lyrics for shite..

:shifty: doesn't hurt he's friggin hot either!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom