River Piddle, Dorset Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ax, I don't know why I had these songs in this list this way, but this turned out kind of interesting:

Your TJT list
Mothers
Love Comes Tumbling
The Three Sunrisess
Boomerang II
Endless Deep
Sixty Seconds
Boomerang I

Like I said it was completely an accident but pretty cool.

YES. It's my favourite song on HTDAAB. :love: (See location. I had an animated icon to go with it but Interference wouldn't let me upload an animated icon. :huh:)
I love COBL but I prefer it live.

OSC is the only song where they really achieve much of an atmosphere. So obviously that appeals to a UF fanatic such as myself.

My HTDAAB rankings

[Good to greatish]
1. One Step Closer
2. City Of Blinding Lights
3. Fast Cars
4. Crumbs From Your Table (despite the godawful clipping - what hackjob actually let that mixing make it to the final copy?)
5. Love And Peace Or Else
[Good ... ish]
6. A Man And A Woman
[Varying levels of complete crap]
7. All Because Of You (Would be good ... ish if it had the alternate version's lyrics)
8. Vertigo (Would be good to greatish if it were Native Son)
9. Miracle Drug
10. OOTS
11. Yahweh
12. Sometimes You Can't Make A Good Song Because You're Fuckin' Past It And Should Have Quit Years Ago

Ax, I don't know why I had these songs in this list this way, but this turned out kind of interesting:

Your TJT list
Mothers
Love Comes Tumbling
The Three Sunrisess
Boomerang II
Endless Deep
Sixty Seconds
Boomerang I

Like I said it was completely an accident but pretty cool.

Now that's pretty interesting. Swap TTS and LCT and I think it'd be even better. Might try it, you know.

Why are you listening to that damn song?

Is it... is it because of the high A?

:drool: God Bono really hits it on that one doesn't he?

Seriously though...I actually like that song :uhoh: I'd love if they'd left the instrumental version on too though....Anything but Drunk Chicken *pukes*

Now that's pretty interesting. Swap TTS and LCT and I think it'd be even better. Might try it, you know.

I will try that after Desert and Rise Up....

Have I mentioned how fucking much I love the bonus disc of TJT?

Guys, I feel like I am so fucking behind on this thread. This is ridiculous. I blame Serena. :laugh:

I don't know that i ever actually got to Play Caesar III, but I played hella lot of Caesar II back in the day...and as I recall things always got too complicated for me because eventually I had to start trading and such. I love computer games like that, but they always get too hard for me after awhile.

I've never heard of Pharaoh :ohmy: it sounds amazing.

I didn't even know a IVth Caesar came out. I'd buy it in a heartbeat though. I need a distraction :lol:

Ahh, right. I never played II myself, I always had III. And YES, there's an IV! It came out in 2006. I keep meaning to buy it but I haven't.

Pharaoh got quite intense at points, just with all kinds of very in depth requirements. Occasionally became a little tedious, but I couldn't really go back to Caesar III after playing it because it really did improve on things a great deal.

:drool: God Bono really hits it on that one doesn't he?

Seriously though...I actually like that song :uhoh: I'd love if they'd left the instrumental version on too though....Anything but Drunk Chicken *pukes*

I wish they left Drunk Chicken alone without that Ginsberg shit. But I was really expecting it to be a differently titled studio version of Womanfish.

OSC is the only song where they really achieve much of an atmosphere. So obviously that appeals to a UF fanatic such as myself.

My HTDAAB rankings

[Good to greatish]
1. One Step Closer
2. City Of Blinding Lights
3. Fast Cars
4. Crumbs From Your Table (despite the godawful clipping - what hackjob actually let that mixing make it to the final copy?)
5. Love And Peace Or Else
[Good ... ish]
6. A Man And A Woman
[Varying levels of complete crap]
7. All Because Of You (Would be good ... ish if it had the alternate version's lyrics)
8. Vertigo (Would be good to greatish if it were Native Son)
9. Miracle Drug
10. OOTS
11. Yahweh
12. Sometimes You Can't Make A Good Song Because You're Fuckin' Past It And Should Have Quit Years Ago

It's Superwin. Period. :drool: :listenstoit:
Fast Cars was alright. I liked it better than Xanax and Wine (personal reasons.), but I would have preferred to replace some of the tracks on HTDAAB for Neon Lights and Are You Gonna Wait Forever. Maybe it's 'cause I've heard them only recently and they're new to me, so I like them a lot but ehh. I could do without A Man And A Woman and Crumbs. :shrug: I was never very fond of Love and Peace at first either but that one kinda grew on me.

Never heard it. Can't say I've much of a desire to either with everyone's opinions about it.

Yeah, I'd say it's the worst U2-associated song ever. Utter drivel. It breaks up the flow of Passengers' second half too. So I just deleted it from iTunes. The Passengers album is pretty much ideal once it's gone too.

Ahh, right. I never played II myself, I always had III. And YES, there's an IV! It came out in 2006. I keep meaning to buy it but I haven't.

Pharaoh got quite intense at points, just with all kinds of very in depth requirements. Occasionally became a little tedious, but I couldn't really go back to Caesar III after playing it because it really did improve on things a great deal.

I'm gonna have to pick up both of these games before I go back to school then. I'm still going to have my own room this semester, but this time I'll KINDA have a roommate...so I need reasons to stay in my room and never come out.

I wish they left Drunk Chicken alone without that Ginsberg shit. But I was really expecting it to be a differently titled studio version of Womanfish.

! Womanfish! I wish that had been on there :sad:

But it's ok because Bono has friendly advice that I should follow on all school/work days:

Rise up. Rise up. Rise up. Rise early.

Drunk Chicken is all kinds of annoying. Next time I plug my iPod up, it's comin' off there. I can't stand how my shuffle tends to pick it all the time.

Yeah, I'd say it's the worst U2-associated song ever. Utter drivel. It breaks up the flow of Passengers' second half too. So I just deleted it from iTunes. The Passengers album is pretty much ideal once it's gone too.
I haven't heard all of the Passengers album yet. I've only heard Your Blue Room and Miss Sarajevo. Love them both!

Song I need.
that shouldn't make me :lmao: but it does.

Righto, will send you Fast Cars.

I've said before that I pretty much wish U2 had broken up after the Lovetown Tour. I'd trade Passengers and all the songs from the nineties that I like just so that U2 could have left us a rock-solid canon of music as their legacy. They would indisputably be my favourite band if we just had the eighties material, and I'd be sitting around thinking "what if?" on the basis of Wild Irish Rose, Slow Dancing, and She's A Mystery To Me.

Now, they're not even in my top five bands. Just outside the top five. Half of Achtung, the ZooTV Tour, various songs from 1993-1998, and the entire last decade has easily knocked them off the #1 perch.

Sure, blame it all on poor little Serena. :tsk:

:laugh:

Responding to your long posts put me behind and I never recovered from that. :madspit:

:hug: So I'm a rambly sort myself.

Now, TMI time. I need to go to the toilet. I expect when I get back, I'll be way behind and totally fucked when it comes to keeping up with this thread.

I've said before that I pretty much wish U2 had broken up after the Lovetown Tour. I'd trade Passengers and all the songs from the nineties that I like just so that U2 could have left us a rock-solid canon of music as their legacy. They would indisputably be my favourite band if we just had the eighties material, and I'd be sitting around thinking "what if?" on the basis of Wild Irish Rose, Slow Dancing, and She's A Mystery To Me.

Now, they're not even in my top five bands. Just outside the top five. Half of Achtung, the ZooTV Tour, various songs from 1993-1998, and the entire last decade has easily knocked them off the #1 perch.

Yeah, I sort of feel the same way. Actually, I had an interesting thought last night - what if U2 broke up after Live Aid, because of Bono's fartarsing around? How would they be remembered?

EAA: Bono was jealous of Edge's success with his Irish Boy rap of "Numb", so he wrote his own...about Elvis. Feeling experimental (?), Brian Eno decided to let him give it a shot. I feel Brian's chanting of Elvis in the background is not him helping the song along, it's him questioning Bono's lyrics. "Elvis?" The bongos is awesome. I like bongos. But the most baffling bit to me is the sleigh bells. Was Adam having the shakes or something?

(okay, that last line was kind of rude)

That's sad. I mean, I wouldn't trade the magic that was the 80s for anything, but I really do love a lot of the stuff they did in the 90s. But I realize HOW MUCH you love the 80s stuff, and I can see how magical that really would have been.

The thing for me is that I realize more and more these days that I could totally live with just the 80s material myself. But I'd have to give up a lot of songs that I love in the doing and I don't know if I could make that sacrifice :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom