River Piddle, Dorset Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What!

Just Zooropa's title track is enough to make the whole album better than HTDAAB. Hell, the rest of Zooropa could be Adam tapping spoons on Larry's head to make him fart while Edge recites the digits of Pi and Bono reads the phone book and it would still top HTDAAB.
I was basing it on the number of songs from each album that I actually enjoy. But musically, yeah, Zooropa is much better. I say that has something to do with Certain Substances that the bass player was still partaking of, as well as Edge's fungus experiment...

What!

Just Zooropa's title track is enough to make the whole album better than HTDAAB. Hell, the rest of Zooropa could be Adam tapping spoons on Larry's head to make him fart while Edge recites the digits of Pi and Bono reads the phone book and it would still top HTDAAB.
Much agreed. :up:
I love Zooropa, always have since I heard it. I think about the only thing I DON'T like about it is The Wanderer.

OK, I'm enough out of the loop that even SimCity 3000 feels vaguely new to me. What is SimCity Societies?
EA's SimCity for Vista. you not only make the city, but you also get to make the culture your Sims live in. So you can have a militant dictatorship, or an industrial wasteland, a lovely hamlet by the sea, a hippie commune, or a cyberpunk anarchy.

But I don't want to build more fucking slums! My city's looking pretty good at the moment!

Damn straight! Why couldn't I just close the city off or something? I had a good thing going, but NOOOOOO fucking Emperor wanted me to attack people and such. Making me do work and such. I was happy with my granaries, libraries, temples, and Coliseums thank you very much. I don't WANT an army :grumpy:

Much agreed. :up:
I love Zooropa, always have since I heard it. I think about the only thing I DON'T like about it is The Wanderer.
OMFG. How can you hate it? JOHNNY FRICKIN CASH!!! BASS LINE OF SUPERWIN! :shocked: Holy crap. I thought I knew my sis...

K, so while I'm waiting out my villagers building a new hut, I'm playing this Fish game...and I have a question...How can all four of my fish be pregnant? :uhoh:

Did I miss something in Science class? Do fish have......special powers?

I never said I hated it.
I like Johnny Cash, but I can only take so much of his non-singing talking. It's a song I skip frequently, that's all.
Johnny Cash's voice has effects on me I'd rather not admit to :drool: I :heart: baritones.

Oh yes, GTA. My brother and I spent a lot of time finishing San Andreas. :lol:
I used to play those a fair bit.
Can't say I was very fond of San Andreas, although my brother had a habit of making CJ drop large distances just to hear him cuss. :lmao:
I liked Vice City a whole lot, though. The hunter chopper. :drool:

See, racing games, though mindless fun, are all the same to me. Probably why I haven't bought a new racing game since 1998.

This is true, though Need For Speed adding the cop chase element is pretty fun. Still pissed that apparently my copy of Need For Speed III is so ancient that my computer doesn't want to know about it. I don't own any car racing games right now. I should find a relatively cheap one with a good variety of tracks and cars and the cop chase element and buy it for the times when I need some mindless distraction.

K, so while I'm waiting out my villagers building a new hut, I'm playing this Fish game...and I have a question...How can all four of my fish be pregnant? :uhoh:

Did I miss something in Science class? Do fish have......special powers?

there are some fish (like guppy's :wink: ) that can change gender, for example, when there are only male fish, one of them becomes a female, and vice versa..

:ohmy: I threw my JT playlist ontop of some TUF tracks I had lying around, and forgot tehy were there. Mothers > LCT just happened...and I'm not going to say it was a bad thing.

I mainly play real time strategy and platform/action these days. I can see myself buying a PS3 just to play God of War III, in the future.

Turn based stuff can be so boring. I know everyone loves the Civilisation games, but I prefer an Age of Empires game anytime. But if I want a bit of both, Total War games are good, though often dependant on modifications for being fun.

Civilisation is a pile of shit. I don't know why people wank over it. Kate loved to play it and didn't appreciate my opinion on it. :lol:

OMG, guys, I have 5 different versions of Beautiful Day in my iTunes. And only 1 is by U2. The rest are instrumental covers! :lol:

I was basing it on the number of songs from each album that I actually enjoy. But musically, yeah, Zooropa is much better. I say that has something to do with Certain Substances that the bass player was still partaking of, as well as Edge's fungus experiment...

I just don't think U2 have recorded any song since Pop that could be considered up there with their classics, with the possible exception of TGBHF. So even if I thought that 3/4 of HTDAAB were good (I don't) and 1/4 of Zooropa (again, I don't), I'd still say Zooropa is better simply because I would consider Zooropa a defining U2 song. Numb, Lemon, and The Wanderer are right up there too, and live Dirty Day rules all.

As it stands, Zooropa has the craptastic Babyface, cheesy Daddy's Gonna Pay, and meh First Time, while HTDAAB has Vertigo, Miracle Drug, SYCMIOYO, LAPOE's title, ABOY, OOTS, and Yahweh holding it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom