River Piddle, Dorset Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's called an English to Dutch dictionary. :wink:

And is the Dutch word for rooster similar to the German one? Because I know that. Or knew it anyway. Rock on, taking German for five years and then forgetting all of it the second I walked out of high school!

no it's not Hahn... but it is a bit alike..

well it's great if you don't know what presents to give... my bass teacher had a baby, I gave him a rooster plushie :cute:

See, I'm not quite sure what my friends did. All their chooks were still alive when I left New Zealand. But if they waited for them to die of old age, I can't imagine they would have been that good for eating, right?

Hell no. The older the chicken, the worse it tastes, plus it gets tougher as it gets older. :huh:

OK, if I may say so myself, my custom Joshua Tree fuckin' rocks. I'm listening to it now (yes, I'm just randomly playing U2 :ohmy: ) and really enjoying it.

1. Where The Streets Have No Name
2. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
3. With Or Without You
4. Luminous Times
5. Spanish Eyes
6. In God's Country
7. Bullet The Blue Sky
8. Running To Stand Still
9. Red Hill Mining Town
10. One Tree Hill
11. Exit
12. Mothers Of The Disappeared

RHMT --> OTH is one of the best segues I've ever created. :drool:
That looks like an awesome playlist. :drool:

true.. :shifty: so if your kid later wants a pet, don't give it a chicken... go for a rabbit....

:whistle: only waitin' till christmas then!

I had a pet rabbit once, too. :lol:
And iguanas...and a mouse...and a big ugly rat (wasn't mine, was my brother's.) and a bunch of fish...
Geez, we had a mini-zoo.

funny-pictures-lolhyena.jpg

:love:

Pineapple in your cereal? Strange, I've never tried that. I've had blueberries, strawberries and raspberries but never pineapple. I think I ought to try that. I particularly love cheerios. With fruit, of course. And some yogurt. :love:
Who, us innocent pear-lovers? :cute:

That is kind of odd. I think their meatball one has tomato sauce but I know that you can't just request it on any old thing. Which is weird because their motto is that they make it for you the way you want it, but you can't have it the way you want it. So it's like, what the fuck? :huh: That's why I get turkey when I go there. Some lettuce and tomato, no sauce, mustard or dressing of any sort. I'm sorry but dressings are for salads! I love barbecue sauce a bit more than I should and YES, chicken DOES DEMAND barbecue sauce. :drool:

Aww, I'm sure you'd do fine! I know I can't cook for crap when someone else is expecting me to make them something. Just when I surprise them with whatever I end up making. I ended up burning the last batch of chicken and dumplings to the bottom of the pan. :doh:

Yeah, I have pineapple with my cornflakes or Weet-bix. Used to be mandarin but I grew tired of it. Blueberries are also delicious in cereal. By the way, it cracks me up that you lot have a cereal called cheerios, since I'm used to cheerios being little party sausages served at birthday parties and the like when I was little.

It was weird and irritating. I guess Tennesseans don't dig barbecue and tomato sauce in their Subway stuff? Either way, I was much less keen on going there while in the US than I am here. Here, I can get exactly what I want! God, can't believe it was over three years ago that I was in the US. It seems like both yesterday and a lifetime ago. Funny how things can be like that.

I find cooking for others more fulfilling, but it's definitely easier when it's just a matter of course rather than anything special. Like when Kate would come around and have dinner, it was just because that's what we did regularly. Her family all sucked at cooking, so she'd come to my place and have a real meal. But if somebody were visiting Melbourne, I'd probably be conscious of making it good and hoping I don't fuck it up!

I had fish a LOT! I had loads of guppy's, well.. ofcourse I started with two females and one male... and after a week I had about 100 guppys... good thing was they ate eachother so I didn't have to get more aquaria to house them :lol:
I have a cat :love: sweetest thing evar! Always wanted a lizzard, but my mom doesn't want that.. tho when I was taking care of the school lizzard(bought it myself :D) both she and my sis loved him! and the mouse too :lol:

Now There's an Axver playlist I can attempt :)

Hai guys

no it's not Hahn... but it is a bit alike..

well it's great if you don't know what presents to give... my bass teacher had a baby, I gave him a rooster plushie :cute:

Hah, cool. See, I'm craptastic at presents. Beyond craptastic, even.

By the way, while we're talking about Dutch names, I don't suppose you could confirm or deny something for me? There's a last name in my family, Keesing, and according to the story my family tells, it's similar to the Dutch word for "choosing". True or false?

I ask because it's the only last name in my family I actually LIKE (I can't stand my own, it's more common as a first name and causes its share of difficulty), and if I ever were to write under a pseudonym or change my last name, it would be to Keesing, so I'd like to know if that little detail is correct.

Um....So I'm playing this game called Virtual Villagers....and I needed to make...more villagers...so I made two of the characters goals breeding, and they went off together, then the guy went back to work...but the chick walked over to another guy and went off with him :ohmy:

Yeah, I have pineapple with my cornflakes or Weet-bix. Used to be mandarin but I grew tired of it. Blueberries are also delicious in cereal. By the way, it cracks me up that you lot have a cereal called cheerios, since I'm used to cheerios being little party sausages served at birthday parties and the like when I was little.

It was weird and irritating. I guess Tennesseans don't dig barbecue and tomato sauce in their Subway stuff? Either way, I was much less keen on going there while in the US than I am here. Here, I can get exactly what I want! God, can't believe it was over three years ago that I was in the US. It seems like both yesterday and a lifetime ago. Funny how things can be like that.

I find cooking for others more fulfilling, but it's definitely easier when it's just a matter of course rather than anything special. Like when Kate would come around and have dinner, it was just because that's what we did regularly. Her family all sucked at cooking, so she'd come to my place and have a real meal. But if somebody were visiting Melbourne, I'd probably be conscious of making it good and hoping I don't fuck it up!
I love cornflakes too, I am gonna have to try that out! Haha, yeah, we have a cereal called cheerios. They're very good. Never heard of sausages called that! Must be an Aussie thing!

I don't think America does, period. I'm more than sure that the Subways around here don't have it either. Which is odd as hell. Sounds like the Subway down there is a lot better! Note to self: Go to Subway if you visit Aussie land.
Yeah, that's how stuff is. Like I can't believe it's been 3 years since I graduated high school, 'cause it seems like yesterday and ages ago at the same time. Guess that's just how things go.

It is. :yes: Cooking for yourself is "eh" because you made it and there's really no comparison to see how well you did or anything other than your own taste buds and because it seems appealing to you, it may not be to someone else. But it can be nerve wracking to cook for someone when the pressure's on like that.
I dunno, but you sound like a good cook! I bet I'd like your food!

I had fish a LOT! I had loads of guppy's, well.. ofcourse I started with two females and one male... and after a week I had about 100 guppys... good thing was they ate eachother so I didn't have to get more aquaria to house them :lol:
I have a cat :love: sweetest thing evar! Always wanted a lizzard, but my mom doesn't want that.. tho when I was taking care of the school lizzard(bought it myself :D) both she and my sis loved him! and the mouse too :lol:

We always had goldfish, catfish and Siamese fighting fish (in separate little bowls, of course.)
I miss my iguanas and I looove my cats so much. They're brothers and they are adorable. :cute:

Hell no. The older the chicken, the worse it tastes, plus it gets tougher as it gets older. :huh:

Hm, weird. Because I know at least some got eaten. How long do chooks produce eggs? Because that's why my friend's family had them, and if chooks stop producing eggs at a certain age, I can see them killing and eating them then ...

STOP THAT HE NEEDS TO FINISH BUILDING THE HUT! Jesus...this is the third time in ten minutes!

Hah, cool. See, I'm craptastic at presents. Beyond craptastic, even.

By the way, while we're talking about Dutch names, I don't suppose you could confirm or deny something for me? There's a last name in my family, Keesing, and according to the story my family tells, it's similar to the Dutch word for "choosing". True or false?

I ask because it's the only last name in my family I actually LIKE (I can't stand my own, it's more common as a first name and causes its share of difficulty), and if I ever were to write under a pseudonym or change my last name, it would be to Keesing, so I'd like to know if that little detail is correct.

it's a bit farfetched.. but kiezen is dutch for choosing... kees is a common first name here tho :hmm:

Hey Reggo! :wave:

I was meant to send you some U2 b-sides and stuff, wasn't I?

Um....So I'm playing this game called Virtual Villagers....and I needed to make...more villagers...so I made two of the characters goals breeding, and they went off together, then the guy went back to work...but the chick walked over to another guy and went off with him :ohmy:

Hah, I remember that game. Kate introduced me to it last year. She loved it, but I didn't really take to it myself.

Hah, I remember that game. Kate introduced me to it last year. She loved it, but I didn't really take to it myself.

Aside from SexFiend over here (Yes, I changed her name to SexFiend) i'm considering buying it. But I have this goal in life never to buy these little internet games...so I don't know.

Hm, weird. Because I know at least some got eaten. How long do chooks produce eggs? Because that's why my friend's family had them, and if chooks stop producing eggs at a certain age, I can see them killing and eating them then ...
I'm not entirely sure, to be honest with you. We've never actually raised chickens. Our rooster was one that was waaay down south where my grandparents owned some land or something and that rooster was the only one they had.
I'm sure that they'd probably stop long before they die though...

Hey Reggo! :wave:

I was meant to send you some U2 b-sides and stuff, wasn't I?
yep, your custom TUF stuff that I don't have and a Dunedin song.

I was going to swap you for East Bay Punk lulz.

I never do play internet games. I prefer my PS2, even though that thing barely gets used once a damn month.
I'm still a Final Fantasy nerd at heart, though. :love:
It's so pathetic how good I am at them. :lol:

I never do play internet games. I prefer my PS2, even though that thing barely gets used once a damn month.
I'm still a Final Fantasy nerd at heart, though. :love:
It's so pathetic how good I am at them. :lol:
I tried to play FF XII and got killed by the rogue tomato.

*awaits sis' hysterical laughter*

it's a bit farfetched.. but kiezen is dutch for choosing... kees is a common first name here tho :hmm:

Hmm. Could be an Anglicisation of 'kiezen', maybe?

Basically, the story is that this particular line of my family migrated westwards across Europe and by some point in the 18th century, ended up in the Netherlands. They didn't have a last name at this time. When a census or something was conducted, I believe by Napoleon's army, they were required to register a last name. They later moved to England and then to New Zealand. So I suppose it could be plausible that the patriarch registered the family as Kiezen and Anglicised it to Keesing upon arrival in England. The patriarch was known for having a strong sense of humour, hence the belief that Keesing came from him making a joke about "choosing" a last name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom