River Piddle, Dorset Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not good that I didn't remember typing the underscore in my email address 'cause I had to go back and make sure I did, is it? :uhoh:

Civilisation is a pile of shit. I don't know why people wank over it. Kate loved to play it and didn't appreciate my opinion on it. :lol:

My step-dad LOVES Civili(z)ation. I wish I had the ability to play games of that magnitude cause it looked cool to me. I couldn't get out of the stone age though :sad:

:hmm: could be...

:uhoh: not so sure about that tho... :wink: maybe there was a neighbouring fish around?

Let's just say I had to make the mating happen. I know who the "mother" and "mother" are

Weirdly, that's the only one in the series I never got seriously addicted to. Even though it's considered by most people as the best one.

Maybe it's because the medieval era doesn't interest me that much. :wink:

hm, I'm usually the Britons.. I love archers :love: longbowmen!

I like it a lot, don't really know why! it's addictive I guess :p

Songs I like on Zooropa:
Zooropa
Numb
Lemon
Stay
SDABTO (so sue me)
and The Wanderer.

Atomic Bomb:
Miracle Drug
SYCMI
LAPOE (so sue me again)
One Step Closer

I guess Zooropa DOES win. I keep forgetting that Stay and The Wanderer are on there. I have the Johnny Cash Best-Of version, so it's not filed under U2 or Zooropa, and Stay's just too good for Zooropa's random ass.

I just don't think U2 have recorded any song since Pop that could be considered up there with their classics, with the possible exception of TGBHF. So even if I thought that 3/4 of HTDAAB were good (I don't) and 1/4 of Zooropa (again, I don't), I'd still say Zooropa is better simply because I would consider Zooropa a defining U2 song. Numb, Lemon, and The Wanderer are right up there too, and live Dirty Day rules all.

As it stands, Zooropa has the craptastic Babyface, cheesy Daddy's Gonna Pay, and meh First Time, while HTDAAB has Vertigo, Miracle Drug, SYCMIOYO, LAPOE's title, ABOY, OOTS, and Yahweh holding it back.

I agree with you on Daddy's and First Time (hella overrated lamesnorefest). But Babyface isn't craptastic in any language! Craptastic isn't a word, for one thing.

Damn straight! Why couldn't I just close the city off or something? I had a good thing going, but NOOOOOO fucking Emperor wanted me to attack people and such. Making me do work and such. I was happy with my granaries, libraries, temples, and Coliseums thank you very much. I don't WANT an army :grumpy:

I always, ALWAYS took the peaceful missions on Caesar III. If I could avoid having an army, I would. I just love city-building.

How about Pharaoh? That was even better, albeit much more complicated.

I need to check out Caesar IV someday.

Songs I like one Zooropa:
Zooropa
Numb
Lemon
Stay
SDABTO (so sue me)
and The Wanderer.

Atomic Bomb:
Miracle Drug
SYCMI
LAPOE (so sue me again)
One Step Closer

I guess Zooropa DOES win. I keep forgetting that Stay and The Wanderer are on there. I have the Johnny Cash Best-Of version, so it's not filed under U2 or Zooropa, and Stay's just too good for Zooropa's random ass.

DUH. I forgot One Step Closer. I :heart: that song.

Serena says (8:16 AM):
God we're post whores. Well, he's a postpimp. I'm his postwhore.

I always, ALWAYS took the peaceful missions on Caesar III. If I could avoid having an army, I would. I just love city-building.

How about Pharaoh? That was even better, albeit much more complicated.

I need to check out Caesar IV someday.

I don't know that i ever actually got to Play Caesar III, but I played hella lot of Caesar II back in the day...and as I recall things always got too complicated for me because eventually I had to start trading and such. I love computer games like that, but they always get too hard for me after awhile.

I've never heard of Pharaoh :ohmy: it sounds amazing.

I didn't even know a IVth Caesar came out. I'd buy it in a heartbeat though. I need a distraction :lol:

I was the Celts... I would always play against the Brits! :wink:

Woad raiders. :love: Okay, I do have fond memories of the game.

for me it was easy... I usually played vs random computers, with 1 ally and 3 against me... I first got shitloads of food, wood and such, then built a giant wall shielding a huge part of my empire, with watch towers.. that keeps the enemy busy, then getting to castle age, making shitloads of longbowmen, taking a bunch of trebuchets with me, bombarding the gates of my enemy's towns, bombarding castles, longbowmen shooting anything that walks
:drool: instant victory!

for me it was easy... I usually played vs random computers, with 1 ally and 3 against me... I first got shitloads of food, wood and such, then built a giant wall shielding a huge part of my empire, with watch towers.. that keeps the enemy busy, then getting to castle age, making shitloads of longbowmen, taking a bunch of trebuchets with me, bombarding the gates of my enemy's towns, bombarding castles, longbowmen shooting anything that walks
:drool: instant victory!

Nice. The longbows were awesome. :drool:

Though it's not exactly "instant" since you decide to build a wal first. :wink: It depends on which civ to use if you want to boom/rush/turtle though, I guess.

For the record I don't listen to Stay that much. I never saw what was so great about it, at all. It totally ruins the rest of the album's feel.

The full electric live version of Stay on ZooTV improves on the studio version so much, it's not funny. I don't like the mixing of the studio version, especially not the very start.

I just don't think U2 have recorded any song since Pop that could be considered up there with their classics, with the possible exception of TGBHF. So even if I thought that 3/4 of HTDAAB were good (I don't) and 1/4 of Zooropa (again, I don't), I'd still say Zooropa is better simply because I would consider Zooropa a defining U2 song. Numb, Lemon, and The Wanderer are right up there too, and live Dirty Day rules all.

As it stands, Zooropa has the craptastic Babyface, cheesy Daddy's Gonna Pay, and meh First Time, while HTDAAB has Vertigo, Miracle Drug, SYCMIOYO, LAPOE's title, ABOY, OOTS, and Yahweh holding it back.
Babyface, studio Dirty Day, The First Time, and Crashed Car I always skip. I removed them from my iPod cause I simply never listen to them and have no desire to.

TGBHF...sounds like one I need to listen (or re-listen) to. :reject:

For the hell of it:

Zooropa:
Zooropa
Numb
Daddy's
SDABTO
TFT
The Wanderer

The Bomb:
Miracle Drug
LAPOE
City
AMAAW
Crumbs
OSC
Yahweh

DUH. I forgot One Step Closer. I :heart: that song.

SOMEBODY'S WITH ME FOR A CHANGE.

God. This forum seems to hate OSC, but I really like it. It's my favourite HTDAAB song. COBL would be, but I can't bear the mixing, and LAPOE would be, but I can't bear most of the lyrics or the title.

Nice. The longbows were awesome. :drool:

Though it's not exactly "instant" since you decide to build a wal first. :wink: It depends on which civ to use if you want to boom/rush/turtle though, I guess.

yea it takes a long time to set up, but it works.. in the end it's just raping their villages and tah dah!
only fail is the lack of bombard towers/hand cannoneers by the britons..

Joining in.

Zooropa:
Zooropa
Stay
Numb
Daddy's Gonna Pay

Those are my favourites. The rest of the album is pretty good and there's a couple that bore me, but that's pretty much it.

Bomb:
Miracle Drug
COBL
One Step Closer
Yahweh (prefer acoustic.)
Love & Peace

I really can't stand Crumbs and the rest of it is alright.

COBL would be great with different lyrics or just as an instrumental.

SOMEBODY'S WITH ME FOR A CHANGE.

God. This forum seems to hate OSC, but I really like it. It's my favourite HTDAAB song. COBL would be, but I can't bear the mixing, and LAPOE would be, but I can't bear most of the lyrics or the title.
YES. It's my favourite song on HTDAAB. :love: (See location. I had an animated icon to go with it but Interference wouldn't let me upload an animated icon. :huh:)
I love COBL but I prefer it live.

SDABTO (so sue me)

SDABTO's a good song, I've always enjoyed it, and it'd be even better if Bono had spent more than 10 seconds on the lyrics.

My Zooropa rankings

[Fuckin' classic]
1. Zooropa
[Great]
2. Numb
3. The Wanderer
4. Lemon
[Good]
5. Dirty Day
6. Stay
7. SDABTO
[Meh]
8. The First Time
9. Daddy's Gonna Pay
[Fuck off and die]
10. Babyface

I haven't listened to Bomb in so long I can't even remember half the songs. And I am not going to listen to it anytime soon. Just because I'm a fan of the band, I don't have to listen to all their albums every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom