River Piddle, Dorset Superthread - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-17-2008, 08:48 AM   #76
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
SOMEONE ATE ALL THE ALFREDO1!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

but there was banana bread
me= in Heaven
Banana bread is really good.
I like those banana chip things too.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:50 AM   #77
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Ha, awesome.

And I think this makes you the first person whose last name I know but first name I don't!
well technically you don't know my last name either, since you don't speak my language

never heard of a rooster that loves cashews!

ours aren't alive... more statues and paintings and such..

Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 07-17-2008, 08:51 AM   #78
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
never heard of a rooster that loves cashews!
That thing was such an arse if you didn't have any cashews. But he loved you to death, otherwise.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:53 AM   #79
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 05:54 PM
sounds like a nice pet allright!
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 07-17-2008, 08:53 AM   #80
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
I love pineapple. We usualy have it with our ham and I always hoard them al to myself. I'm basically the only one who ever eats them! And they're so good. (Ha, I wrote "ood" instead of good at first. I must have Doctor Who on the brain.)
And as for mango? Yuck! I prefer pears over peaches, any day.

So they don't have barbecue sauce...I've never noticed since I tend to get turkey or the sweet onio chicken teriyaki. But seriously, fast food workers in America generally are typically like that. Part of the reason why I don't like fast food. If I'd been there, I'd have probably went off on him. When people play stupid with me like that, I just leave and go somewhere else. The only fast food people who've never given me a problem were the ones who work at the local chinese take out. They are very nice and polite and they will work with you on your order if you don't want something on it unlike people at other fast food places.

That you do. I love their soup, it was probably some of the first kind I ever had, so I'll have quite the fondness for it for years to come.

I'm sure you're a great cook! I wouldn't mind trying some of the food you've talked about on here.
I normally have pineapple on my cereal. But I haven't eaten breakfast lately. Been getting up too late! And so it's people like YOU who cause those fruit salad-in-a-can things to have more pear than peach!

I couldn't believe they didn't have barbecue or tomato sauce! What are you meant to have with your sub then? Once I got my food, I went into a big rant and my friends couldn't grasp why I'd want barbecue or tomato sauce on a filled roll. BECAUSE I'M HAVING MEAT. Chicken demands barbecue sauce. Apparently, to them, you should have a salad dressing of some sort. I told this to a Subway worker here and she just laughed and said the vast majority of Australian customers want barbecue or tomato sauce and the salad dressings get used much less. Though I can't believe I'm still telling this story today! Couldn't believe it when he moved on to serve someone else, but at least it gave me time to realise that, wow, there was no barbecue sauce, so I had to figure out something else. Went with mustard in the end. Which, of course, was pissweak.

Heh, I'd be afraid I'd fuck it up. In fact, the first batch of muffins I made that Ali and TranceEnding were going to try was a total failure and I had to make a new one. Only time I've ever really buggered something up to the point it was inedible! I once also ruined a batch of blueberry muffins and they had a consistency closer to scones than muffins, but they were edible. Bizarre, but edible.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-17-2008, 08:55 AM   #81
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
sounds like a nice pet allright!
He was adorable. And loud.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:55 AM   #82
Vocal parasite

Quote:
well technically you don't know my last name either, since you don't speak my language
It's called an English to Dutch dictionary.

And is the Dutch word for rooster similar to the German one? Because I know that. Or knew it anyway. Rock on, taking German for five years and then forgetting all of it the second I walked out of high school!

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-17-2008, 08:56 AM   #83
Vocal parasite

Quote:
He was adorable. And loud.
I read "and loud" as "and food" initially.

One of my childhood friends in New Zealand had chickens, and I know that they got eaten!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-17-2008, 08:59 AM   #84
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I normally have pineapple on my cereal. But I haven't eaten breakfast lately. Been getting up too late! And so it's people like YOU who cause those fruit salad-in-a-can things to have more pear than peach!

I couldn't believe they didn't have barbecue or tomato sauce! What are you meant to have with your sub then? Once I got my food, I went into a big rant and my friends couldn't grasp why I'd want barbecue or tomato sauce on a filled roll. BECAUSE I'M HAVING MEAT. Chicken demands barbecue sauce. Apparently, to them, you should have a salad dressing of some sort. I told this to a Subway worker here and she just laughed and said the vast majority of Australian customers want barbecue or tomato sauce and the salad dressings get used much less. Though I can't believe I'm still telling this story today! Couldn't believe it when he moved on to serve someone else, but at least it gave me time to realise that, wow, there was no barbecue sauce, so I had to figure out something else. Went with mustard in the end. Which, of course, was pissweak.

Heh, I'd be afraid I'd fuck it up. In fact, the first batch of muffins I made that Ali and TranceEnding were going to try was a total failure and I had to make a new one. Only time I've ever really buggered something up to the point it was inedible! I once also ruined a batch of blueberry muffins and they had a consistency closer to scones than muffins, but they were edible. Bizarre, but edible.
Pineapple in your cereal? Strange, I've never tried that. I've had blueberries, strawberries and raspberries but never pineapple. I think I ought to try that. I particularly love cheerios. With fruit, of course. And some yogurt.
Who, us innocent pear-lovers?

That is kind of odd. I think their meatball one has tomato sauce but I know that you can't just request it on any old thing. Which is weird because their motto is that they make it for you the way you want it, but you can't have it the way you want it. So it's like, what the fuck? That's why I get turkey when I go there. Some lettuce and tomato, no sauce, mustard or dressing of any sort. I'm sorry but dressings are for salads! I love barbecue sauce a bit more than I should and YES, chicken DOES DEMAND barbecue sauce.

Aww, I'm sure you'd do fine! I know I can't cook for crap when someone else is expecting me to make them something. Just when I surprise them with whatever I end up making. I ended up burning the last batch of chicken and dumplings to the bottom of the pan.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:59 AM   #85
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I hadn't found this place until the Vertigo era was ending because U2 weren't exactly my favourite band for a long time. I have been an on and off fan since I was about 4 years old and I had spells where I wasn't really as into them. However, this time around, I am more into them than I have ever been and it really excites me to be around for a new album release.

Nothing wrong with being the forum's highest poster. I consider it an honour to be your friend.
I was right into U2 from 2002 to 2005. Things went on the wane in 2006 and now I can't say I care for much of what they've done since the Lovetown Tour ended, with the notable exception of Passengers. Still, I'm quietly optimistic that I'll enjoy the album more than the last two, and I cannot wait for the tour. Even if they don't come down here, it gives me something to do on U2gigs!

Heh, thanks. See, I was cool with being in th toip ten posters, I have been on-and-off for a few years, but I wasn't entirely comfortable with being #1. It looks so fanladdy. But it's all the Superthread's fault, so I'm cool with it.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-17-2008, 09:00 AM   #86
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:54 AM
Hey Guys...Bono doesn't know if he can wait that long. That is all.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:00 AM   #87
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I read "and loud" as "and food" initially.

One of my childhood friends in New Zealand had chickens, and I know that they got eaten!
No, we didn't eat him. He died of old age.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:04 AM   #88
Vocal parasite

Quote:
No, we didn't eat him. He died of old age.
See, I'm not quite sure what my friends did. All their chooks were still alive when I left New Zealand. But if they waited for them to die of old age, I can't imagine they would have been that good for eating, right?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-17-2008, 09:05 AM   #89
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I was right into U2 from 2002 to 2005. Things went on the wane in 2006 and now I can't say I care for much of what they've done since the Lovetown Tour ended, with the notable exception of Passengers. Still, I'm quietly optimistic that I'll enjoy the album more than the last two, and I cannot wait for the tour. Even if they don't come down here, it gives me something to do on U2gigs!

Heh, thanks. See, I was cool with being in th toip ten posters, I have been on-and-off for a few years, but I wasn't entirely comfortable with being #1. It looks so fanladdy. But it's all the Superthread's fault, so I'm cool with it.
I love a lot of the stuff that they've done. I probably sound pretty fangirlish though. But they do have their stuff that they've done that I can't stand. In fact, I initially hated Rattle & Hum. I like it now, but I couldn't stand it before. ATYCLB is probably my favourite album by them (it's either that, or The Unforgettable Fire) for more personal reasons than anything because that album was released right around the time that I was entering adolescence and all that and as lame as it probably sounds, it helped out a lot when I was having some pretty dark times in life. It's pretty much why Ultraviolet is my favourite song by them, for that type of factor. Though I am awful fond of Elvis Presley and America too. I was however, a bit disappointed with Bomb. I don't mind songs like Miracle Drug or City of Blinding Lights. I prefer Yahweh to be acoustic, the album version doesn't do much for me.

I can see how that'd make you uncomfortable. I don't like being up in the high ranks of posters too much for that reason, pretty much.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:06 AM   #90
Vocal parasite

OK, if I may say so myself, my custom Joshua Tree fuckin' rocks. I'm listening to it now (yes, I'm just randomly playing U2 ) and really enjoying it.

1. Where The Streets Have No Name
2. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
3. With Or Without You
4. Luminous Times
5. Spanish Eyes
6. In God's Country
7. Bullet The Blue Sky
8. Running To Stand Still
9. Red Hill Mining Town
10. One Tree Hill
11. Exit
12. Mothers Of The Disappeared

RHMT --> OTH is one of the best segues I've ever created.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread