River Piddle, Dorset Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to bubble-baths. Oh shit. I forgot--I was gonna listen to The National. I'm listening to The White Stripes first album right now for the first time.

One More Cup Of Coffee by The White Stripes sounds like it could be a Zeppelin song.

I've seen Begins before, it's just been a while, what do you think of Gotham? I'm starting it now

The first story of the 6 is TERRIBLE. The rest are pretty good. Oh, and about Begins, I find myself watching it about 4 times a year.

So, this first White Stripes album is on par with Get Behind Me Satan or Icky Thump to me. But it's just a bit too long. 17 songs is a bit much.

The first story of the 6 is TERRIBLE. The rest are pretty good. Oh, and about Begins, I find myself watching it about 4 times a year.

Yeah this first movie is pretty ricdic, but I understand it's purpose.

I didn't think Begins was the greatest thing ever in the history of time, but I think it's a fun Superhero movie. Still havent' seen it more than once though.

I didn't think Begins was the greatest thing ever in the history of time, but I think it's a fun Superhero movie. Still havent' seen it more than once though.

I don't think so either--but I think it's the best superhero movie to date. Well, until tonight. :D

I don't think so either--but I think it's the best superhero movie to date. Well, until tonight. :D

I don't know how I feel about tonight, as I've said like a billion times. I was content with Jack Nicholson's Joker. Definitely not as camp as the 60s Joker, and just evil enough to be the creepy that Joker needed. This just feels TOO creepy. Doesn't feel right, but I'm sure I'll end up liking it. I just never liked the idea of HEATH LEDGER playing Joker in the first place, however long ago that was announced.

I don't know how I feel about tonight, as I've said like a billion times. I was content with Jack Nicholson's Joker. Definitely not as camp as the 60s Joker, and just evil enough to be the creepy that Joker needed. This just feels TOO creepy. Doesn't feel right, but I'm sure I'll end up liking it. I just never liked the idea of HEATH LEDGER playing Joker in the first place, however long ago that was announced.

At first, I didn't like the idea either. Espeicially since I'd heard rumours of Adrian Brody doing it. But as the previews came, I was very happy with how he looked and sounded as The Joker. But as for the creepiness of the Joker, I suppose I'm used to it a bit more as I was introduced to Batman comics by The Killing Joke, in which The Joker is quite homicidal. That said, I've never really thought Nicholson's Joker was a real representation of the villain. I thought it was a representation of Tim Burton.

So, this first White Stripes album is on par with Get Behind Me Satan or Icky Thump to me. But it's just a bit too long. 17 songs is a bit much.

I like the first one a lot. I think it'll keep growing on you. :yes:

One More Cup of Coffee is a Bob Dylan song. I agree, alot of their early stuff has that Zeppelin feel.

At first, I didn't like the idea either. Espeicially since I'd heard rumours of Adrian Brody doing it. But as the previews came, I was very happy with how he looked and sounded as The Joker. But as for the creepiness of the Joker, I suppose I'm used to it a bit more as I was introduced to Batman comics by The Killing Joke, in which The Joker is quite homicidal. That said, I've never really thought Nicholson's Joker was a real representation of the villain. I thought it was a representation of Tim Burton.

Well let's put it this way,
Jokers I've been introduced to:

60s Joker
90s Animated Series Joker
Jack Joker

to me Jack seemed sorta on par with the 90s one, and like the 60s series, that Joker was just ridiculous

I'm not even being able to focus on this movie at all...it feels kinda ubber lame

I dunno.... I don't think a ridiculous/Burton Joker would really fit in well with the "real" style of the new movies. :shrug:

:shifty:

JokerBonolarge.jpg

Just had the coldest, windiest drive ever.

I dropped my mum off at the hospital for an x-ray, and as I was driving out of the hospital grounds I started to put the window up. I heard an almighty crack and looked expecting to see the window fucken everywhere, but instead the pane seemed to have completely fucking jumped out of it's important mounts. I managed to nurse the window into a position where it didn't look like it was about to fall out and then drove home on the motorway with the window wide open.

Lucky it had stopped raining.

To me there are certain villains that deep down and at their greatest aren't comical but truly merciless and unrelenting. Joker is someone who belongs in a hard R or higher rated film to be captured correctly. I don't think any TV or film adaptation has nailed the character. One of my fears for The Dark Knight is that Bale can't match that intensity. In comics, the best villains bring out the worst and best in a hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom