River Piddle, Dorset Superthread - Page 25 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-17-2008, 12:00 PM   #361
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
Axver, I think you were right about my cat. He's howling at my door again.
He must know I am on the superthread.
Your cat: "Hey, postwhore, pay attention to meeeeeee!"

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-17-2008, 12:02 PM   #362
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Your cat: "Hey, postwhore, pay attention to meeeeeee!"
It's so funny. He howls and it sounds like he's saying "Hello" like a human!

Old 07-17-2008, 12:03 PM   #363
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Hawkmoon is awesome, I'd like to hear that one live, too!

Yeah, I understand wha you're saying. The work that he does must be some kind of distraction on the outside of the recording and rehearsing and all. It's not easy being a multi-tasker!
I love that it was played the most in Melbourne, of any city. It's also rare in that it's a U2 song never played in North America. Though Zooropa is the most under-played album in North America; only Stay and The First Time have been done there.

I don't want to say that he should only be a musician or only be an activist, since plenty of people have successfully combined the two, but right now I feel like he's a half-informed activist and a mildly distracted musician. Just see recent lyrics ...

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-17-2008, 12:04 PM   #364
Vocal parasite

Quote:
It's so funny. He howls and it sounds like he's saying "Hello" like a human!

It's actually "hell, oh!" He's realising you're on the fucking Superthread.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-17-2008, 12:04 PM   #365
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 04:16 AM
Quote:
What's wrong with it?
well as soon as I get a cold, I start blowing my nose... after ony a day my nose gets red and irritated, no matter what I use, tissues, toilet paper, makes no difference!
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 07-17-2008, 12:06 PM   #366
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I love that it was played the most in Melbourne, of any city. It's also rare in that it's a U2 song never played in North America. Though Zooropa is the most under-played album in North America; only Stay and The First Time have been done there.

I don't want to say that he should only be a musician or only be an activist, since plenty of people have successfully combined the two, but right now I feel like he's a half-informed activist and a mildly distracted musician. Just see recent lyrics ...
America always gets shafted.
I really hope that the next album is good, though. Seriously. I was very disappointed with HTDAAB. One Step Closer made it a little bit better, but yeah. I am looking forward to the next album and what it may bring.

Nah, I don't think he should solely do one or the other. He just seems pretty preoccupied, either way.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:07 PM   #367
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

It's actually "hell, oh!" He's realising you're on the fucking Superthread.
Or maybe it's "Hell no" Not the fucking superthread again!

He stopped, but now he's doing it again.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:07 PM   #368
Vocal parasite

Quote:
America always gets shafted.
I really hope that the next album is good, though. Seriously. I was very disappointed with HTDAAB. One Step Closer made it a little bit better, but yeah. I am looking forward to the next album and what it may bring.

Nah, I don't think he should solely do one or the other. He just seems pretty preoccupied, either way.
Getting two legs of every tour must be TERRIBLE!

I, uh, initially loved HTDAAB. Let us never speak of that again. It's now in my bottom three U2 albums with Achtung and ATYCLB. I'm quietly optimistic about the next album, though. Looking forward to something hurrying up and leaking.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-17-2008, 12:08 PM   #369
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:16 PM
jaysus. AX, i'm gonna email you the zipped folder cause a certian website hates me.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:08 PM   #370
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
well as soon as I get a cold, I start blowing my nose... after ony a day my nose gets red and irritated, no matter what I use, tissues, toilet paper, makes no difference!

That's pretty much the same problem I got. The last time I was really bad sick, my nose was awful because in all the time, I'd used 2 boxes of tissue and god knows ow many rolls of toilet paper.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:09 PM   #371
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
I buy one specific brand of tissues because they're the only ones that don't seem to turn my nose into a red mess of unhappiness after less than a day. Though I'm still buggered by halfway through the second day of any cold anyway.

And let me just say this: using kitchen paper towels is a really astonishingly dumb idea, especially if you buy the ultra-cheap ones that are almost sandpaper. Just because it's nearer to you than the box of tissues in the lounge doesn't mean you should use it!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-17-2008, 12:09 PM   #372
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:16 AM
Afternoon, all.

Old 07-17-2008, 12:12 PM   #373
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Getting two legs of every tour must be TERRIBLE!

I, uh, initially loved HTDAAB. Let us never speak of that again. It's now in my bottom three U2 albums with Achtung and ATYCLB. I'm quietly optimistic about the next album, though. Looking forward to something hurrying up and leaking.
Well, we always get the very experimental first leg. In which U2 almost never plays Ohio. And it's usually the only time they ever play our State capital (Columbus), if they don't skip it entirely, which is known to happen. And then they come back third (?) leg and they usually only hit Cleveland (which is damn near 4 hours away from where I live.) if they even stop in Ohio at all. The only real chance I'd have if they skipped Ohio would be to go see them in Penn. or something.

When I first bought HTDAAB, I liked it a lot. But I quickly began to lose interest in the songs I currently dislike from it today. It's not in my bottom or anything but it's definitely not very near the top either.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:12 PM   #374
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 04:16 AM
Quote:

That's pretty much the same problem I got. The last time I was really bad sick, my nose was awful because in all the time, I'd used 2 boxes of tissue and god knows ow many rolls of toilet paper.
there's a little magic ointment that solves my problem! vaseline créme
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 07-17-2008, 12:12 PM   #375
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:46 PM
Quote:
Oh, I must see this! Go out and buy/steal a scanner.
No can do.

But here is a sexy version made using a COMPUTER!

Tags
superthread