River Piddle, Dorset Superthread - Page 23 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-17-2008, 11:31 AM   #331
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
[facepalminghere]
I think I lost my drink by the Halo (?) guy.

Old 07-17-2008, 11:33 AM   #332
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post

Though you just killed Serena's Internet.
Just slightly.
But I'll live.

Old 07-17-2008, 11:34 AM   #333
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:53 PM
Uhh...yeah. Gonna send s pac ethe folder, Axver *nods*
Old 07-17-2008, 11:35 AM   #334
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
Ahhh, I didn't know 'cause I don't know a whole hell of a lot about their concerts in general, so I wasn't sure whether or not they had done it before that guy came on stage or not. And One Tree Hill had to have been awesome live.

That must've been quite the funny sight!
Don't worry, it means I can show off my mad setlist knowledge skillz.

It just amazes me how poorly Bono knows his own work. Any song written more than two years ago seems to escape him entirely. Meanwhile, I see artists like Neil Finn, who have shitloads more songs spread over multiple bands, able to play pretty much any song - in terms of both singing and on guitar - from any of their bands pretty much on command. I've seen Neil ask for requests at concerts and genuinely pay them, rather than doing what Bono once did, of asking for requests and pretending that he heard somebody say People Get Ready so that he could play what was on the printed setlist.

One Tree Hill ruled all, I assure you. Especially since the show was within site of what is now None Tree Hill.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-17-2008, 11:37 AM   #335
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
I have to go to work
Kill it with fire.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-17-2008, 11:39 AM   #336
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Don't worry, it means I can show off my mad setlist knowledge skillz.

It just amazes me how poorly Bono knows his own work. Any song written more than two years ago seems to escape him entirely. Meanwhile, I see artists like Neil Finn, who have shitloads more songs spread over multiple bands, able to play pretty much any song - in terms of both singing and on guitar - from any of their bands pretty much on command. I've seen Neil ask for requests at concerts and genuinely pay them, rather than doing what Bono once did, of asking for requests and pretending that he heard somebody say People Get Ready so that he could play what was on the printed setlist.

One Tree Hill ruled all, I assure you. Especially since the show was within site of what is now None Tree Hill.
And I get to learn something new!

Well, not everyone has the greatest memory. As I believe we discussed the other day. So that could have something to do with it, maybe. Which is sort of worrying, actually.

One Tree Hill is awesome anyway, I'd love to have heard it at a concert.
Mind you, I just want to go to a U2 concert! So I am not gonna be fussy!
Old 07-17-2008, 11:43 AM   #337
Vocal parasite

Quote:
And I get to learn something new!

Well, not everyone has the greatest memory. As I believe we discussed the other day. So that could have something to do with it, maybe. Which is sort of worrying, actually.

One Tree Hill is awesome anyway, I'd love to have heard it at a concert.
Mind you, I just want to go to a U2 concert! So I am not gonna be fussy!
Honestly, I kind of need an excuse to refresh my U2 setlist memory. Some stuff has faded a little because I just haven't had as much need to use it lately. Can't wait for the tour to get going and to find little random nuggets of information. It's a nice diversion from how dry and serious most of my uni stuff and other hobbies are!

Heh, true, but the thing is, this is Bono's JOB. U2 stopped making music for the hell of it the second they signed a record contract. I frankly expect better. If he were my employee, I'd have fired him for incompetence. You wouldn't stand for it if you worked in a supermarket and an employee constantly had to be reminded how to get to the milk section, despite the presence of obvious signs saying MILK.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-17-2008, 11:46 AM   #338
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Honestly, I kind of need an excuse to refresh my U2 setlist memory. Some stuff has faded a little because I just haven't had as much need to use it lately. Can't wait for the tour to get going and to find little random nuggets of information. It's a nice diversion from how dry and serious most of my uni stuff and other hobbies are!

Heh, true, but the thing is, this is Bono's JOB. U2 stopped making music for the hell of it the second they signed a record contract. I frankly expect better. If he were my employee, I'd have fired him for incompetence. You wouldn't stand for it if you worked in a supermarket and an employee constantly had to be reminded how to get to the milk section, despite the presence of obvious signs saying MILK.
Well, feel free to share your setlist knowledge with me! I can't wait for the new album and tour. It's driving me nuts.

Well no, I wouldn't keep an employee like that either. I'm just saying that it could be part of the reason. Though I'd much prefer a bit of incompetence over a serious problem any day.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:46 AM   #339
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 04:53 AM
Bono should learn his lyrics better... tho with some people I"ve experienced it's just no use... my bass teacher is a brilliant musician, can play almost any instrument, great guitarist and such, but he just can't remember lyrics... well ofcourse he can remember bits and pieces, but not the whole thing like I can.. I only have to hear a song once and usually I know the entire lyric...
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 07-17-2008, 11:47 AM   #340
ONE
love, blood, life

I don't think this box of tissue is going to last me all day.
This cold needs to FOAD already.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:48 AM   #341
Galeonbroad

when I had a bad cold, I went trough three rolls of toilet paper in one weekend..
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 07-17-2008, 11:50 AM   #342
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Well, feel free to share your setlist knowledge with me! I can't wait for the new album and tour. It's driving me nuts.

Well no, I wouldn't keep an employee like that either. I'm just saying that it could be part of the reason. Though I'd much prefer a bit of incompetence over a serious problem any day.
Righto, then I'll show off. I was going to post this a couple of nights ago but held myself back. I'm kind of worried that I can do this. Every performance of Hawkmoon 269 ever:

1989-09-21, Perth
1989-09-27, Sydney
1989-10-03, Brisbane
1989-10-08, Melbourne
1989-10-13, Melbourne
1989-10-16, Melbourne
1989-11-18, Sydney
1989-12-18, Amsterdam

And it was snippeted at the start of Desire in Cologne on 2001-07-12 after a fan passed Bono the lyrics.

I'd just like to see Bono a bit more dedicated to his music. I feel like he's distracted nowadays, and it's hurting both the music the band's making in the studio and the music they're playing live. Then again, can't be too bad as I still rank Vertigo in the band's top five tours.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-17-2008, 11:50 AM   #343
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
when I had a bad cold, I went trough three rolls of toilet paper in one weekend..
My nose just hurts thinking of that!

Toilet paper is agony compared to tissues.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-17-2008, 11:51 AM   #344
Galeonbroad

Not super soft dutch 3 layer Page toilet paper
Old 07-17-2008, 11:52 AM   #345
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
Bono should learn his lyrics better... tho with some people I"ve experienced it's just no use... my bass teacher is a brilliant musician, can play almost any instrument, great guitarist and such, but he just can't remember lyrics... well ofcourse he can remember bits and pieces, but not the whole thing like I can.. I only have to hear a song once and usually I know the entire lyric...
At least he has the excuse that he's a bassist rather than a vocalist.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread