River Piddle, Dorset Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no point in paying for it, there really isn't. There's never anything good on. The only reason we even have it is because of my family. If it were up to me, we wouldn't even have the satellite or cable because to quote one of my teachers:
"You pay a garbage bill for people to take trash OUT of your house. Why pay money for the cable company to pump garbage INTO your house?"

POINTLESS.

Hah, exactly. See, my logic is that if I ran Foxtel or Austar, I'd offer every channel for $2. So somebody like me would pay for installation, then ~$10 a month for the sport channels I want, plus the History Channel or whatever they offer for nerdy sorts such as myself.

But noooo, they want me to buy shitloads of nonsense programming. So instead of getting ~$10 from me a month, they get absolutely NOTHING. Geez, that's a great business model. Dipshits.

It's the truth, it is so fucking lame. When I was a kid, I used to turn on baseball games when I couldn't sleep and it'd put me right out! :lol:

Do you want me to tell you I love you again? :lol:

Here I was, thinking I was alone in this baseball hatred and that PFan & Co. were soon going to burn me at the stake. :laugh:

Hah, exactly. See, my logic is that if I ran Foxtel or Austar, I'd offer every channel for $2. So somebody like me would pay for installation, then ~$10 a month for the sport channels I want, plus the History Channel or whatever they offer for nerdy sorts such as myself.

But noooo, they want me to buy shitloads of nonsense programming. So instead of getting ~$10 from me a month, they get absolutely NOTHING. Geez, that's a great business model. Dipshits.
Pretty much!
Up here, they just give you a package of crap and all the good channels are on the next package up!
With cable, you get only basic so all the good channels are on digital! Basic cable is the new air channels and satellite isn't a whole lot better. Especially when it goes out every time it rains!

Hell, sometimes I lose internet access when it rains!

Do you want me to tell you I love you again? :lol:

Here I was, thinking I was alone in this baseball hatred and that PFan & Co. were soon going to burn me at the stake. :laugh:
Sure, go for it. :cute:

Nope. I despise baseball just as much. I absolutely loathe baseball season with a passion. 'Round here, if all you have is basic channels with no cable or satellite, all that's ever on TV is baseball! There's no point in even turning the damn thing on unless you want to go comatose!

Sure, go for it. :cute:

Nope. I despise baseball just as much. I absolutely loathe baseball season with a passion. 'Round here, if all you have is basic channels with no cable or satellite, all that's ever on TV is baseball! There's no point in even turning the damn thing on unless you want to go comatose!

I love you and I think we should go on a date. I'll pick you up at 5 and we'll go watch a baseball stadium get torn down and then burn PFan at the stake. :up:

:crack: 10 pages since I left, I'm not even gonna TRY to catch up!

:lol: Welcome back. :wave:

I'm just about to go. It's bloody late. It was so much easier to leave the Superthread when it used to be dead around 1-2am!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom