River Piddle, Dorset Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The live version of ASOH was always different to the studio version, especially with regards to how it starts. The WAIA version is fairly representative.

If you really want to hear Bono flub the lyrics of ASOH, listen to the two Elevation Tour performances (2001-08-25, Slane and 2001-11-16, Oakland). He doesn't have a clue. It's the only two times ASOH has been played since 1987-06-27.
Isn't it one of those that they let some guy play guitar or something and he starts playing ASOH and Bono messes it up and that's the last time it was ever even attempted?
I wonder if those are on youtube. That'll take me a while to watch, but I'll have to check it sometime.

Edit: 2,000! :hyper:

What pisses me off the most about that ASOH video is that obviously Bono still SOUNDS good singing the song so whats the deal? There is NO REASON not to sing it :banghead:

Isn't it one of those that they let some guy play guitar or something and he starts playing ASOH and Bono messes it up and that's the last time it was ever even attempted?
I wonder if those are on youtube. That'll take me a while to watch, but I'll have to check it sometime.

Edit: 2,000! :hyper:

Haha, yes. I wonder if that incident has scared Bono off the song. :lol:

Nice going, you were under 1,500 less than a week ago!

Best critique of EAA ever! :lmao:
file.gif
I win.

okay, Ax. i've been trying to think of what to send you from my punk collections and I think i've got the best tracks here. Want me to sends pace the folder or email them?

Haha, yes. I wonder if that incident has scared Bono off the song. :lol:

Nice going, you were under 1,500 less than a week ago!
Well, I imagine that when you haven't done a song it nearly 20 years, it'd have that effect.
Wasn't there another where he messed up Zoo Station?

okay, Ax. i've been trying to think of what to send you from my punk collections and I think i've got the best tracks here. Want me to sends pace the folder or email them?

I'm quite happy with both, so do whichever suits you best. E-mail will spit it back if the file size is over 20MB.

Well, I imagine that when you haven't done a song it nearly 20 years, it'd have that effect.
Wasn't there another where he messed up Zoo Station?

Thing is, he doesn't have that excuse! The guy coming onstage and playing it happened in November 2001, and they'd already done the song in August that year. That particular performance of it was pre-planned. Plenty of time to rehearse. And Bono still totally flubbed it. I was blown away in Auckland in November 2006 when they did One Tree Hill, not just because they did it for the first time since 1990-01-09 but because Bono NAILED it.

And yeah, the debut of Zoo Station on Vertigo on 2005-03-28 (last played 1993-12-10) was a complete lyrical flop for Bono ... despite the fact they'd rehearsed it fairly extensively the previous few weeks. "I'm ready for the ball and the ... bat / I'm ready for the ac-ro-bat!"

And yeah, the debut of Zoo Station on Vertigo on 2005-03-28 (last played 1993-12-10) was a complete lyrical flop for Bono ... despite the fact they'd rehearsed it fairly extensively the previous few weeks. "I'm ready for the ball and the ... bat / I'm ready for the ac-ro-bat!"

ZOMG GUYS! BONO SAID ACROBAT ! I THINK THEY'RE GONNA PLAY IT SOON!?!?/111123RJGJ ONE!

This is essentially my only problem with U2....but it's spanned pretty much their entire careers.

Is it that difficult to sing TUF guys? Or pretty much anything FROM TUF but Pride? I mean these days it doesn't even feel like Bad gets a good turn.

Yeah, that really bothers me. Though at least most of the time beyond ZooTV and Popmart, you've got at least a couple of rarities floating around at least semi-regularly. Look at TEC on Vertigo, or OOC on Elevation. In the eighties, even when the sets were static, that often still meant you had something like I Threw A Brick or Seconds or Party Girl locked in. But ZooTV and Popmart bug me for how overtly they were just new shit + greatest hits.

And god, somebody needs to smack U2 with a UF vinyl and make them do ASOH, Wire, and the title track again. And debut Promenade.

Thing is, he doesn't have that excuse! The guy coming onstage and playing it happened in November 2001, and they'd already done the song in August that year. That particular performance of it was pre-planned. Plenty of time to rehearse. And Bono still totally flubbed it. I was blown away in Auckland in November 2006 when they did One Tree Hill, not just because they did it for the first time since 1990-01-09 but because Bono NAILED it.

Ahhh, I didn't know 'cause I don't know a whole hell of a lot about their concerts in general, so I wasn't sure whether or not they had done it before that guy came on stage or not. And One Tree Hill had to have been awesome live. :up:

:laugh: That must've been quite the funny sight!

indexphpgq0.gif

ZOMG GUYS! BONO SAID ACROBAT ! I THINK THEY'RE GONNA PLAY IT SOON!?!?/111123RJGJ ONE!

:waiting: :waiting:

the version of The FLy from San Diego vertigo was fucked up too, lyrics were awful..

Hah, yeah, the ZS/Fly/Elevation (yes, Elevation) combo that night didn't work so well for Bono. The wackiest part is that it followed the Human Rights segment and Pride/Streets/One was the first encore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom