RIP Reggie White

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:sad:
My jaw has spent the better part of the day on the floor because of that news:shocked:
Sitting here listening to a local radio station. Some marvelous stories.
I have always loved this one.........

The next year, Wolf and Holmgren went after Reggie White, a free agent who was one of the greatest defensive players in the history of pro football. Every team in the NFL would have liked to have signed White. An ordained minister, he said he would go where God wanted him to go.

Holmgren called White and left a message on his answering machine. “Reggie, this is God,” the message said. “I want you to go to Green Bay.”

Reggie White was not offended—not by Holmgren’s humor or by Wolf’s offer: $17 million for four years.

Favre joined in the pursuit too. “I told him this was a great football town,” Favre said. “I told him he could make the difference. I also told him I didn’t want him hitting me anymore.”

:sad:

One of the greatest players ever. I'm a diehard Jet fan, even though we are getting our ass kick by the Pats. Anyway, I remember trying to sign Reggie White back in 1993. I remember him visiting the Jets and saying the Jets should get Boomer Esiason. We eventually got Boomer but Reggie went with the Packers.

I remember he was a very religious man.

He will be missed.

Great athlete, great Christian, great man.... Heaven definately welcomed its newest Guardian Angel into the fold today.

My prayers to his family & friends. Rest in Peace, Rev. White. :sad:

Very sad.
Heart attack isn't official yet, his wife thinks it may have been related to his sleep apnia (sp?)...either way... tragic and way too young, like 40-45 years too young.

Reggie was the Bono of football. no one ever sat down when Reggie entered Lambeau Field.

One of my favorite defensive players of all time. He's exactly what I think of when I think of a good defensive lineman.

He will be missed.

I'm late on this, but I haven't been around much, so...:sad:

I was very sad to hear this news. I'm not big on sports, but I love the Packers, and I loved Reggie White. I've been sleeping in my 92 jersey. :heart:

Back
Top Bottom