RIP my college bar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sharky

New Yorker
did you ever have one of those bars in college or home or wherever that was your bar? The Heidelberg in Columbia, MO was my bar. I loved that bar. go to church, go get drunk. I puked in the gutter in front of that bar on my 21st birthday. I ate way too many fries at that bar and always ordered the chef salad for lunch. it was my Cheers bar.

on monday morning, I woke to the sad news that my bar burned to the ground. My college home is gone and I can't go home again. Its a bar but I'm in mourning.

please tell me someone else here has a bar that they love? and if you do, please make sure you don't take it for granted.

I know exactly how you feel. My high school hang out was a pool hall. I spent every friday and saturday night there and just about every night there in the summers. It was the coolest place to be back then.

The year before I graduated high school the whole strip mall closed and eventually was torn down. It's a grocery store now :sad: That was a sad sad day when they closed that place. We had no place fun to go my senior year.

I have 3 favourite bars and they are all in 5 mins walking distance of each other and it means I can get drunk and not worry about getting lost. So if one burns down I will have another 2 to go to

:drunk:

We had a college hang out. Went there every Tues and Thurs night and sometimes on weekends. I should drive by it and see if it's still there. I know it changed names and ownership, but last time I was there it still looked about the same as it did when I was in school. The place was good times. :up:

arw9797 said:
I know exactly how you feel. My high school hang out was a pool hall. I spent every friday and saturday night there and just about every night there in the summers. It was the coolest place to be back then.

The year before I graduated high school the whole strip mall closed and eventually was torn down. It's a grocery store now :sad: That was a sad sad day when they closed that place. We had no place fun to go my senior year.

you're a northtown kid, aren't you :eyebrow:

sorry to hear about the tragedy sharky :hug:

i don't have a bar - yet

(it'll help when i'm 21)

My favorite campus resturant/hang out was closed. There is a strip of Victorian houses behind our campus. One is a store and they put a bar in there, then it changed to a resturant. They had the most incredible patty melts I've ever had. :drool:

Their contract was up and they got outbid by Einstein's Bagel. :down: I plan to boycott. At least they can't alter the building because it's a historic landmark.

They also closed our campus bar. Apparently they think we'll be happy with McDonalds and Starbucks alone.

Lilly said:

you're a northtown kid, aren't you :eyebrow:

Nope.

Raised near Ken Barlow's backyard....that would be Golden Valley.

Went to Robbinsdale Armstrong. Go Falcons!

:hmm: University billiards? CR's? Icky. Went to those places once my place closed but it wasn't the same at all.

Paul Majors. :(

Ken :heart:

Paul Douglas :|

Hey, awr...I grew up in Hopkins. :wave: (But haven't lived there for years)

holy crap saves! I thought I would be the only one who knew of the old Berg.

eh, I think its just kind of depressing because it makes me realize I'm old. My college bar was my college bar five years ago. I got drunk on my 21st birthday there and that was five years ago. ah well.

indeed zoner, go Mizzou! what the hell is with you Missouri people here?

sharky said:
indeed zoner, go Mizzou! what the hell is with you Missouri people here?

Huh?

I had a buddy who went to Wash U. - I went to visit him and we had a blast at a Mizzou football game. They beat up the Jayhawks.

My local team plays Mizzou in 'Saves' city in "Eight Days" (I heard it on the radio).

Again...go Mizzou!

Per the KARE discussion: Paul Douglas...guy goes off to Chicago...comes back with his tail between his legs. :down: Ever notice how he looks like Pee Wee Herman?

In College, we used to take his picture in the Star Tribune (weather), and use it as the bulls-eye on the dart board (goofy Journalism majors).

I miss my college bar so much already. I haven't been there in a month. This is terribly pathetic.

Speaking of St. Louis, I may be backagain in the fall...and I have a friend who also went to Wash U. I think I may join Nelly's gang of ho's.

Lemon Meringue said:
Paul Majors. :(

Ken :heart:

Paul Douglas :|

Hey, awr...I grew up in Hopkins. :wave: (But haven't lived there for years)

I've been looking for apartments in Hopkins. I'm not so sure that's where I want to be now that I've looked at a few places.

I agree: Paul Douglas :| or more :down:

I love Ken. I love when he does something really goofy on air, which is pretty much daily. Like swallow a bug outside when he's giving his forecast or drop his clicker thing on the ground in mid sentence and have to go looking for it. It's great.

one time he tried to push the door to the backyard instead of pull it.

it was good for a chuckle.

i met paul majors at the fair last year. he was so nice. he's really tan and tall.

nice guy though.

MIZ

ZOU

ive been to that bar, my whole fam went to mizzou, except me :shifty:

i heard the fire was ricky clemons fault, hehehe

yay for mizzou and the lou

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom