RIP Mr. Reeve (aka as Superman)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a shock this is. He was such a fighter, and he seemed to be making progress.

My father used to say, "I believe Superman will walk again." And two co-workers and I had a long conversation about Christopher Reeve just last Wednesday, and we all agreed that if anyone would indeed walk again after such an injury, it would be him.

This is horrible news. My heart goes out to his family. :sad:

Oh that is sad. My condolances to his family and friends. He was able to focus great attention on the problems people with spinal cord injuries face and also able to push for more research into promising new treatments. Many people have will have better lives because of the work he did. His family can be proud.

I just read about that in my friends LJ, it is sad. I am glad that he is gone 'cause he's suffered enough and now he's in a better place.

superman is flying up in the sky again... hope his efforts for the development of stem cell use have not been in vain...

That is a shock. I always thought someday we'd see him walking again too. I was sure of it.
He WAS superman !

:sad: I had SO much hope that one day he would be able to walk again. He had been making so much progress. Then I checked CNN.com this morning and the first thing i saw was this story.
His movies have brought so much joy into our lives, and i thank him for that. I'll miss ya, Chris! :heart::hug::sad:

"Faster than a speeding bullet...
More powerful than a locomotive...
Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound...
Look! up in the sky..its a bird, its a plane..
ITS SUPERMAN!!!!

Peaceful journey to you sir!
:sad:

U2democrat said:
:sad: I had SO much hope that one day he would be able to walk again.

He's flyin' now;) :angel:

This is so sad :sad: Why do movie stars always go in 3's? It's so weird. (Janet Leigh, Rodney Dangerfield the other 2 this time)

33%3B%3A753523232%7Ffp79%3Dot%3E2327%3D%3C3%3A%3D%3A58%3DXROQDF%3E2323653%3A2%3A273ot1lsi

a toast to Christopher..

:sad:

I can't stand to fly, I'm not that naive
I'm just out to find the better part of me
I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane
I'm more than some pretty face beside a train, and it's not easy to be me.

I wish that I could cry, fall upon my knees
Find a way to lie about a home I'll never see
It may sound absurd, but don't be naive
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed, but wont you conceive
Even heroes have the right to dream, and it's not easy to be me.

You're home now Chris, and your dream lives on. Rest in peace.

Back
Top Bottom