RIP Kirby Puckett

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I'm Ready

War Child
holding aside his wife abuser charges, kirby was a baseball legend, and the Minnesota twins greatest player

baseball has prematurely lost a legend

I'm so shocked right now. I haven't watched a baseball game in years. Haven't thought about Kirby Puckett in years. He was huge here when I was a kid.

RIP Kirby. Thanks for making baseball in Minnesota so much fun.

:sad:

The Twins were my second favorite team for many years, after my Yankees, and I spent so many hours watching and enjoying Kirby Puckett as a baseball player. He played with a joy and enthusiasm that cannot be faked. He had great skills. And I will never forget how he won Game 6 of the 1991 World Series, how excited his teammates were, how he embraced manager Tom Kelly...

This news has made me sadder than I ever thought possible. May Kirby Puckett rest in peace.

I am in shock. Although I'm not a huge fan of baseball these days, Kirby Puckett was one of my heroes. A true sportsman. Today is a sad day for sports, and especially, of course, baseball, and his team, the Minnesota Twins. :sad: :sad:

I remember Kirby when he was one of the best clutch players in baseball. When Minnesota won their first World Series, it was an amazing achievement and incredible World Series. He was a quirky athlete with a unique physique who got the job done. Too bad his career ended prematurely as a result of glaucoma.

RIP Kirby.

There are alot of overpaid lazy ballplayers who could learn alot from Kirby, one player who gave 110 % every time he took the field. Its too bad his career ended early, I think that contributed to him letting his health go to waste.
Its hard sometimes to fathom that a guy you watched play ball for 12 years, suddenly passes & then you realize he's only 44 YO.

Shocking....RIP Kirby

While growing up, I hated this guy more than any other player except for Gary Gaietti(sp). I hated him because he was a Twin. I hated him because he beat my Tigers. But most of all I hated him because I really couldn't hate him.

He was a great ballplayer and he always seemed to me to know that he had the best job in the world. I met him at Tiger stadium and he was really friendly. He told us what it was like to get paid to play a game and I knew that he loved baseball as much as I did. I had to respect that.

He was a short, little fat guy who went hard ALL THE TIME. My brother and I used to root for him to break something when he crashed into the wall, but deep down we knew it was the wall who was hurting. I wish baseball had more players like him - a kid who grew up, lived his dream and enjoyed every minute of it, not some pre-madonnas who wreck my game by treating it like some petty business.

Godspeed Kirby!

I saw Kirby Puckett play in the minor leagues in Visalia, California, when the Visalia Oaks were part of the Twins Organization.

He was the greatest player I ever saw play for Visalia (in an era where Kent Hrbek, Denny Neagle and other great Twins players made their way up the ladder). He won the Cal League MVP and still considered a god in the town. He brought so much joy to our small town and a lot of people I still keep in touch with there are very saddened by his passing.

Rest in Peace Kirby, we appreciated everything you did.

hey Dalton I didn't know you were a Tiger fan? Yea I used to hate Puckett too mainly because he was a great player on the wrong team. Always seemed to kill the tigers, along with a bunch of other guys. Maybe if I make it home this summer we can take in a game? I was able to get to one last summer in July vs the Yanks.
nice little story about Kirby.

Jim

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom