RIP Kirby Puckett - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 03-07-2006, 09:58 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 01:44 PM
A career and a life ended too soon. RIP Kirby.

Old 03-07-2006, 10:17 AM   #17
Blue Crack Addict
While growing up, I hated this guy more than any other player except for Gary Gaietti(sp). I hated him because he was a Twin. I hated him because he beat my Tigers. But most of all I hated him because I really couldn't hate him.

He was a great ballplayer and he always seemed to me to know that he had the best job in the world. I met him at Tiger stadium and he was really friendly. He told us what it was like to get paid to play a game and I knew that he loved baseball as much as I did. I had to respect that.

He was a short, little fat guy who went hard ALL THE TIME. My brother and I used to root for him to break something when he crashed into the wall, but deep down we knew it was the wall who was hurting. I wish baseball had more players like him - a kid who grew up, lived his dream and enjoyed every minute of it, not some pre-madonnas who wreck my game by treating it like some petty business.

Godspeed Kirby!

Old 03-07-2006, 12:40 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 10:44 AM
I saw Kirby Puckett play in the minor leagues in Visalia, California, when the Visalia Oaks were part of the Twins Organization.

He was the greatest player I ever saw play for Visalia (in an era where Kent Hrbek, Denny Neagle and other great Twins players made their way up the ladder). He won the Cal League MVP and still considered a god in the town. He brought so much joy to our small town and a lot of people I still keep in touch with there are very saddened by his passing.

Rest in Peace Kirby, we appreciated everything you did.
Old 03-07-2006, 03:01 PM   #19
love, blood, life
Local Time: 12:44 PM
Way too young, Rest in Baseball Heaven....
Old 03-08-2006, 11:42 AM   #20
War Child
hey Dalton I didn't know you were a Tiger fan? Yea I used to hate Puckett too mainly because he was a great player on the wrong team. Always seemed to kill the tigers, along with a bunch of other guys. Maybe if I make it home this summer we can take in a game? I was able to get to one last summer in July vs the Yanks.
nice little story about Kirby.