RIP Harvey Korman

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrPryck2U

ONE love, blood, life
You might remember him from The Carol Burnet Show or maybe the movie Blazing Saddles, but sadly Harvey Korman has passed away today at the age of 81.

RIP Harvey.

Hedley Lamarr!!!! Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!

"My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapor of invention."

300px-Godothatvoodoo.jpg

RIP

He was great on the Carol Burnett Show. I think I'll go watch some youtube clips of it in his honour tonight. RIP. :(

Wow is right :sad: :sad: :sad:

I loved him on the Carol Burnett Show, especially when Tim Conway was involved:
YouTube - Dentist Sketch - The Carol Burnett Show

LOS ANGELES, California -- Comic actor Harvey Korman has died at 81, according to the UCLA Medical Center.

Harvey Korman's death comes after complications from the rupture of an abdominal aortic aneurysm.

Korman died at the center four months after suffering complications from the rupture of an abdominal aortic aneurysm.

"It was a miracle in itself that he survived the incident at all. Everyone in the hospital referred to him as 'miracle man' because of his strong will and ability to bounce right back after several major operations," said Korman's daughter, Kate Korman. "Tragically, after such a hard-fought battle, he passed away."

Korman was a regular on "The Carol Burnett Show" from 1967 through 1978, for which he won Emmy awards in 1969, 1971, 1972 and 1974. He also won a Golden Globe for his work on the series.

The lanky Korman also appeared in Mel Brooks' "Blazing Saddles" (as the sneering Hedley Lamarr), "High Anxiety" and "History of the World, Part 1."

He starred in his own short-lived situation comedy, "The Harvey Korman Show," in 1978, in which he portrayed Harvey Kavanaugh opposite Christine Lahti, who played his wife, Maggie.

Korman was born in Chicago, Illinois. His first marriage, to Donna Ehlert in 1960, ended in divorce in 1974. He married Deborah Fritze in 1982. Both marriages produced two children.

Korman landed some sketch work on "The Red Skelton Show" in 1961, followed by a four-year stint on "The Danny Kaye Show," which led to his joining Carol Burnett in 1967.

art.korman.gi.jpg

I've been watching some clips on youtube.............I loved watching all of them trying not to laugh while doing the sketches................that made me laugh all the harder

I was just a little kid in the 70's but I remember lauging my ass off with my entire family watching the Carol Burnett show. He was always my favorite.

RIP Harvey. Thanks for all the laughs.

I forgot how funny they all were and how Harvey could never keep a straight face, especially with Tim. I just about passed out lauging over the dentist scene. Harvey isn't in the one where Tim talks about Elephant's to Mama and Eunice but that one is a total classic. I watched it twice because I laughed so hard the first time that I missed half of it. I love it when (towards the end) where he tries to imitate the sounds of the siamese elephants! :lmao: I think those will go in my favorites collection :yes:

Back
Top Bottom