RIP Gregory Peck and David Brinkley

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
To Kill a Mockingbird starring Gregory Peck has always been one of my all time favorite movies :sigh:

Gregory Peck
1963.mockingbird.1919-47ad.jpg

Reporter/Journalist David Brinkley
DavidBrinkley3.jpg

The televison and the old Hollywood movies kept me warm when I was a kid. All those hours, maybe wasted? But one thing I knew enough to know, Gregory Peck was a very very fine actor:heart: :(

RIP Mr Peck
condolences to his family

I will always remember Gregory Peck as "Aticus Fitch" of "To Kill A Mockingbird". That character taught me that to be unpopular is a wise and admirable virtue. I will always remember that. Thank you Gregory! :) :sad:

David Brinkley was a before my time, although I used to watch him on the Sunday morning news. Albeit, it was well after his prime, he was a vision of traditionalism. While I'm usually one to ignore the past and yearn for radical journalism, his persona was understood to be univerally 'with the times'. Good job.

I've loved Gregory Peck ever since I saw TKAM because his interpretation of Atticus always kinda reminded me of my grandpa. :) -------> :(

meegannie said:
:sad:

Gregory Peck used to be my favourite actor.

:heart:Roman Holiday:heart:

Anyone who hasn't seen Roman Holiday yet is in for a treat. It is an enchanting movie. You can see why Audrey Hepburn won the Academy Award for that movie; she is totally delightful. And the gentle flirtation she and Gregory Peck carry on during that movie is wonderful.

I loved watching all the old news footage yesterday when newscasters were eulogizing David Brinkley. I'm a total geek for that kind of thing.

Back
Top Bottom