RIP David Hookes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man2002

Blue Crack Addict
Australian cricketing legend David Hookes, died today, after being left in a coma after being attacked last night.

this article was posted before his death, but this is sure sad news :sad:

Man charged as Hookes fights for life
Victorian cricket coach and former Australian Test player David Hookes remains in a coma in a Melbourne hospital after being attacked outside a St Kilda hotel on Sunday night.

A 21-year-old hotel security guard has been charged over the attack as Hookes' family keep a vigil by his bedside and the cricket world expresses its shock and disbelief.

Hookes was celebrating Victoria's one-day win over South Australia at St Kilda's Beaconsfield Hotel when a fight broke out outside just before midnight AEDT.

It is believed that the 48-year-old became involved in the brawl, sustained a blow to the head, and went into cardiac arrest.

Paramedics performed cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on the unconscious Hookes for about 30 minutes before rushing him to the Alfred Hospital.

Hookes has been moved to the intensive care unit, where he remains on life support, with his wife Robyn and two children maintaining a bed-side vigil.

This morning Zdravco Micevic from St Albans, a security guard at the Beaconsfield Hotel, was charged with one count of assault.

Micevic was released on bail and will reappear in court in April.

As a part of his bail conditions, Micevic is not allowed to continue his work as a crowd controller and must not attend any licensed premises

i was so bloody angry when i heard that he died...

Hookesey was such a good bloke with integrity who spoke his mind

I belive he singlehandedly had rejuvenated Victorias chances of winning the domestic series in the pura cup as well as the one day series..

The bloke who bashed him, for the brutality in his actions, deserves the death sentence. Normally i diagree with death sentences, but it's the fact he is showing no remorse and the sequence of his events which means that this bouncer guy doesnt deserve the right to live.

I'm gonna miss hooksey, such an honest character, so innocent as well......

RIP HOOKSEY 1955 - 2004

This is just disgusting. I heard a brief news update a while ago and there was a question over whether more charges would be layed. One single assault charge is so wrong.
It's an absolute shame.
:(

Back
Top Bottom