RIP Captain Kangaroo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nbcrusader

Blue Crack Addict
Captain Kangaroo dead at 76

Bob Keeshan, known to generations of children as TV personality Captain Kangaroo, has died at 76.

The "Captain Kangaroo" show began its 30-year run in 1955. Characters included the Captain himself and pals Mister Green Jeans, Mister Moose and Bunny Rabbit. A favorite sketch involved Mister Moose dropping ping-pong balls on the Captain's head.

According to the Internet Movie Database, "Captain Kangaroo" won six Emmys and three Peabody Awards.

Before portraying the Captain, Keeshan played sidekick Clarabell the Clown on the "Howdy Doody" Show.

Keeshan was the author of numerous books, including "Growing Up Happy: Captain Kangaroo Tells Yesterday's Children How To Nurture Their Own" and "Good Morning Captain: 50 Wonderful Years With Bob Keeshan: TV's Captain Kangaroo."

i was just going to post this.

RIP Captain

:sad:

screens_tveye-1.jpg

I weep for you Captain!

You and Mr. Greenjeans, me and our black 'n white RCA makes me remember those wonderful times when nothing else was important except getting up in the morning to a warm breakfast and then TV... you were part of my fantastic childhood where there were no worries or cares... RIP!!!

:(

:sad:

I used to get up before anyone else in my house, tiptoe into the kitchen, get a bowl of cereal, and sit on the floor close to the TV with the volume turned down so low I could hardly hear, and watch the Captain & Mr. Greenjeans.

This is shocking and heartbreaking. I felt like I knew this man and loved him like family. I watched him every morning as far back as I can remember. Even after I went to school I could never leave until I heard the song:

Good morning, Captain
come on out and play
wake up the sunshine
to share this friendly day

Good morning Captain,
it's a smiling song we sing
cause we're happy to see you
and the good times that you bring

(everybody sing!) Hey, good morning
hello, how do you do?
(instrumental with the farris wheel going around)

I hope he was never lonely, and knew how much he was loved and remembered sweetly by so many :sad:

I just saw this. I was also lucky enough to enjoy this show growing up. I'd have my toast and peanut butter and watch him almost every morning. You will be missed Captain Kangaroo. :( :sad: :(

Back
Top Bottom