RIP Bob Hope

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Bob Hope dead at 100

Bob Hope, whose quick wit, daring personality and ski-sloped nose identified him as an icon of 20th-century entertainment, has died. He was 100. Known as "Mr. Entertainment" or "the King of Comedy," Hope appeared in more than 75 films, starred in more than 475 TV programs and 1,000-plus radio programs. He also toured tirelessly for the U.S. armed forces.

More at cnn.com :(

I just saw this and was going to post it. It's very sad. But few of us ever had or will have such a good life. RIP and enjoy paradise for all eternity.

I just heard about this. Very sad. I remember watching his old "Road" movies with Bing Crosby and Dorothy Lamour. And we used to sit around the tape player when I was a kid growing up in the jungle and listen to old radio broadcast recordings. So in a way, I feel like I grew up with his entertainment.

:(

sad news indeed. we've lost a lot of the greats recently.

He just celebrated his 100th birthday a couple months ago. RIP Bob :sad:

I actually saw Bob Hope do stand up in 1980, I believe. I was on a trip to SF with my family for a convention my Dad was attending and one night Bob Hope was doing a show for the convention. My sister and I went.

100 is a very long life, and his was a full one as well...RIP Bob,

may they have the smoothest greens in heaven just waiting for you

There's no business like show business....he lived the life he loved and he loved the life he lived.
I watched a lot of his movies too, and laughed and laughed, he 'd want us to keep smiling I'm sure.
The snippet of his work they played on the ABC Oz national news this morning as they paid tribute to his great life, made me smile. It was taken from one of his untiring and brave performances for the troops..." I'm pleased to be here....I don't know where we are...but I'm pleased to be here..."
There is a show on TV this week about Gregory Peck's life that I plan to watch. Bob Hope made 75 movies...a grand old master.
Condolences to his loved ones.
RIP old mate.

FOUR..........:)

:(

Thanks for the memory
Of candlelight and wine, castles on the Rhine
The Parthenon and moments on the Hudson River Line
How lovely it was!

Thanks for the memory
Of rainy afternoons, swingy Harlem tunes
And motor trips and burning lips and burning toast and prunes
How lovely it was!

Many's the time that we feasted
And many's the time that we fasted
Oh, well, it was swell while it lasted
We did have fun and no harm done

And thanks for the memory
Of sunburns at the shore, nights in Singapore
You might have been a headache but you never were a bore
So thank you so much.

28cnd-hope.1940.jpg

100 years is a long life.

Perhaps is is with lamore and crosby again.

Back
Top Bottom