RIP Belinda Emmett

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Down Under

Refugee
This is so sad, as she was a lovely and brave girl.:sad:
I guess only people in Australia know of her.

Belinda Emmett dies in Sydney

Actor Belinda Emmett, wife of television personality Rove McManus, has died after a long battle with cancer.

She died at St Vincent's Hospital, Sydney, early on Saturday morning, with her husband by her side.

"It is with great sadness we advise that Belinda Emmett's battle with cancer has ended," Emmett's family said in a statement.

"Belinda passed away just after dawn this morning at St Vincent's Hospital in Sydney with her family and husband by her side.

"Those close to her have requested respect for their privacy at this time."

Emmett grew up on NSW's Central Coast and got her acting break when she appeared on popular long-running soap Home and Away, playing Rebecca Fisher, between 1996 and 1999.

She was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1998 at the age of 24.

The actor successfully underwent surgery to remove a malignant tumour, followed by six weeks of radiotherapy.

In 2001, Emmett was diagnosed with secondary bone cancer.

Prime Minister John Howard has paid tribute to Australian actress Belinda Emmett, who died in a Sydney hospital early.

"I was very saddened to learn of the death of Belinda Emmett," Mr Howard told AAP after learning of the actor's passing.

"She fought a very courageous battle against cancer.

"On behalf of (my wife) Janette and myself, I extend my deepest sympathies to her husband, Rove McManus, and her family and friends."

As I said over in PLEBA -

What devastating news. They were so in love - Rove just adored her. What an amazing woman though - to be diagnosed with breast cancer at such a young age, and then bone cancer and go through it all fighting and with such a positive spirit, she was just a beautiful person. Heartfelt condolences to Rove and all the family :(

Back
Top Bottom