Ringo Starr is a Jerk!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:madwife: I think that RHCP's performance at the grammys was of slightly lower quality than I expected.

I am now officially a jerk. I'll warm up the tar and go pluck the chickens. :wink:

48CatesReggie1.jpg

rooooooooooooooooxanne

last unicorn said:
The Beatles are NOT sacrosanct.
Seems that all of the ex-Beatles have a hard time showing respect to other artists.
Not fine. :|

Thank You, that was the point of my thread.

Ok, well while Headache summed up my opinion very well (almost poetically really) I will ad:

1. Did Ringo run into the offices of Rolling Stone screaming this and forcing them to print it or did they ask him his opinion and he gave it to them?

2. Who really cares what Ringo Starr has to say?

elevated_u2_fan said:
1. Did Ringo run into the offices of Rolling Stone screaming this and forcing them to print it or did they ask him his opinion and he gave it to them?

No kidding.

The Beatles are the most musically talented group I have ever heard.

And of course George and Ringo are less talented than their counterparts, Lennon and McCartney. Who isn't? That doesn't make them talentless. George not only wrote some beautiful songs, but played some fine guitar as well. Ringo held his own, and offered a sense of humor and calmness that complemented the group.

I still get lost in their music.

Last edited:
last unicorn said:
The Beatles are NOT sacrosanct.
Seems that all of the ex-Beatles have a hard time showing respect to other artists.
Not fine. :|

With all due respect, that's pretty pathetic.

How is honesty disrespectful?

Why can't Ringo express what he reckons? Explain that?

If it was just some average little indie kid who said The Police were boring at the Grammy's, no one would care, but because it's Ringo, it's like he's committed the worst sin ever...

Get over it...no one's saying the Beatles are sacrosanct, we're just saying that he is entitled to his opinions.

Ain't it a relief to see that according to some, freedom of speech should be dead and buried....

Why is Beatles brand Bubble Bath a poor brand?

Because it leaves a Ringo around your tub.

(Thank you, thank you ... I'm here all week, and don't forget to tip your waitress!)

Ringo :love:

I dont think the title of the thread fits exactly what you posted. He is most definitley not a jerk, and he is entitled to his opinion. But you have your right to an opinion, so I'm not trying to argue what you said, asr.

I did think the Police performance was a little boring, but the Chili Peppers just brought me down (as much as I love them) :giggle:

And the Beatles aren't underrated!!! :ohmy: :wink:

Val said:
The Beatles are the most musically talented group I have ever heard.

And of course George and Ringo are less talented than their counterparts, Lennon and McCartney. Who isn't? That doesn't make them talentless. George not only wrote some beautiful songs, but played some fine guitar as well. Ringo held his own, and offered a sense of humor and calmness that complemented the group.

I still get lost in their music.

I think George, John, and Paul were equally talented. Three out of four isn't bad. Ringo was very APPROPRIATE for the Lennon/McCartney songs. That's why he was a good replacement
for Pete Best. If John Bonham was the drummer of the Beatles, they would have sucked. And I love Bonham.

It's ridiculous to descend into personal attacks over something as subjective as this. No one is required to have any particular opinion of Ringo Starr or the Beatles, no one is required to have any particular opinion of The Police or their Grammy performance. If you want to disagree with someone's evaluation of either and explain your reasons why, fine, but keep it constructive and civil.

intedomine said:
Sometimes I wish Adam Clayton or Bono could come out one day and say something like:

"The White Stripes? I think they're shite. Don't like 'em at all."

I want Adam Clayton to slag off SOMEBODY!!!! Come on man there must be someone you hate!!!! And he would do it in an entertaining way! :happy:

blueeyedgirl said:

I want Adam Clayton to slag off SOMEBODY!!!! Come on man there must be someone you hate!!!! And he would do it in an entertaining way! :happy:

I want Adam Clayton to slag off Bono. :drool:

And with regards to this thread's topic, Ringo Starr is actually the only Beatle I like, and not for anything musical (I find the Beatles to be very dull really), but for being the narrator of Thomas The Tank Engine. I think I loved Thomas The Tank even more than I ever loved U2's music.

Axver said:

I want Adam Clayton to slag off Bono. :drool:

And with regards to this thread's topic, Ringo Starr is actually the only Beatle I like, and not for anything musical (I find the Beatles to be very dull really), but for being the narrator of Thomas The Tank Engine. I think I loved Thomas The Tank even more than I ever loved U2's music.

Best episode was when the Fat Controller punsihed Henry by trapping him inside a tunnel..

"He'd been a very naughty engine!"

Long live TTTE

asr said:
The title of my thread was abrasive because I get sick of ex-Beatles insulting bands that still exist, and are productive, while they sit on their asses and "glorify the past, while the future dries up" as Bono once sang.

"ands that still exist and are productive". The Police? :eyebrown: What's so productive about their reunion $how$? And is Ringo really sitting on his ass when he's touring with his own band?
And BTW, is it really an insult when you say that a performance was boring, thinking that it could be livelier, God bless that band? Well, in that case I think this place is one big insult fest...
And with your comment you've already committed a worse character murder than Ringo did with his comment.

Popmartijn said:

"ands that still exist and are productive". The Police? :eyebrown: What's so productive about their reunion $how$? And is Ringo really sitting on his ass when he's touring with his own band?
And BTW, is it really an insult when you say that a performance was boring, thinking that it could be livelier, God bless that band? Well, in that case I think this place is one big insult fest...
And with your comment you've already committed a worse character murder than Ringo did with his comment.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Back
Top Bottom