Rilo Kiley

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Worth the hype or overrated? I've been meaning to pick up New Adventures but want to save my money if its not that great.

I first heard of Rilo Kiley because of Jenny Lewis's work with The Postal Service. So when I saw a song of theirs on a compilation my mom gave me, I was stoked. I listened to it...it was a bit more country than what I was expecting. I've also seen their new single on Mtv2 some. I think the fact that I hardly remember the song shows that it didn't exactly blow me away. They may very well be terrific, and I'd encourage people to listen to them, but so far nothing I've heard of theirs has made me want to investigate more or buy any of their albums. :slant: Of course, it's entirely possible I'm missing out on the best thing since sliced bread. I'd be eager to hear from anyone who really knows their stuff.

I officially like a Rilo Kiley song.

Their tune "Pictures of Success" is on a pleasant little Barsuk Records compilation ('Treats') I picked up used. Nearly 7 minutes of goodness. Maybe their other songs will sound different to me after this 'breakthrough.' :up:

As for the compilation, I'd highly recommend it folks. Songs from Death Cab for Cutie, All-Time Quarterback (more Ben Gibbard geniusness), The Long Winters, Nada Surf, John Vanderslice, and others. But the songs by two groups I'd never heard of--Jesse Sykes & the Sweet Hereafter and Kind of Like Spitting--are my favorites on the whole thing. I think it's $5 on the Barsuk website. Y'all should get it. :yes:

My friend just lent me a few John Vanderslice albums and I'm really digging them. Guy's a talented songwriter and musician. Too bad he doesn't have all the hype that Bright Eyes does.

laz

with arms outstreched and I never, very good songs as well. saw them in concert last week. awesome!:wink:

Back
Top Bottom