ridiculous story of a t shirt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobayashi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
some brilliant chap at abercrombie & fitch one day decides it would be funny and appreciated by the asian community if the company were to produce t shirts with blatantly derogatory comments and references to asian people. everyone else agrees evidently and the shirts get produced. maybe they really believed it would be 'cool' or maybe they knew the outcome and liked the publicity. ironically enough they were probably produced in an EPZ of an asian region by some little girl who got pennies for her day.
wongbrothers.gif

surely enough the t shirts hit stores and their is an uproar. they are immediately pulled.
but some, obviously were sold and are now being sold on
eBay for the bargain price of 11 grand?

I almost posted this, then I forgot.. anyway.. I don't know how exactly they thought they were going to sell those t-shirts. Some person from Abercrombie said they thought it would "be appreciated by the Asian community" or something to that effect.. stupid, stupid, stupid.

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Uhm...yeah...I...dunno how I could add to that since it is SO self-explanatory...but I'd like to say: SCREW YOU ABERCROMBIE!!!

*walks away mumbling about her hate of Abercrombie*

I'm quite sure I don't own anything from A&F, and now I'm pretty damn happy about it.

Can I say, though, that I did immediately think of the "Mr. Sparkles" Simpsons episode? The episode is funny, the t-shirts are not.

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart

Back
Top Bottom