richard branson-is he a madman or a genius?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

all_i_want

Refugee
hello

im a business student and we are doing a case on virgin and richard branson i got bored writing the damn report and i thought id learn what you guys thought of him.

he is pretty insane but then, he is also filthy rich. does insanity pay?

A genius is a bit over stated, but a smart businessman at the right place at the right time.......YES.

Oh, how he imported albums (from Europe to the UK) without paying the sales tax and he was later busted for.

Certain record deals saved him from financial ruin.

I found interesting the story how he almost lost his life in a fishing trip. In a very bad storm he and his wife jumped ship. They survived, the captain of the charter boat died.

Yep I have read his auto.

His house in London is beautiful, in Holland Park a lovely part of London.

To answer your question, above average businessman who has been very luck, but he takes risks and seems to win.

but you know, he takes lots risks in his business life as well, such as launching a balloon&airship travel company or the Virgin Brides (a wedding company) :eyebrow: he dressed up as a bride for some publicity for the latter :huh:

the guy owns an airline and a gay nightclub at the same time! anyone who does that's got to be a little nuts :wink:

all_i_want said:
but you know, he takes lots risks in his business life as well, such as launching a balloon&airship travel company or the Virgin Brides (a wedding company) :eyebrow: he dressed up as a bride for some publicity for the latter :huh:

the guy owns an airline and a gay nightclub at the same time! anyone who does that's got to be a little nuts :wink:

It's not insane if its successful. I don't know much about him, but I've met wildly successful guys like him, who have their hands in every pie. A guy I worked for once ran a string of Burger Kings, owned a striping company (to paint the stripes in parking lots and things), a hair salon, a shampoo line, was building a house for resale, a coffee shop. It was insane. When he opened the hair salon (his wife worked in it and ran it), he actually thought of opening a "gentleman's salon" which would feature topless haircuts and lingerie shows. He saw nothing sleazy about owning it, he just didn't want his wife working there.

So, I think you have to be, shall we say, "enthusiastic" to be a successful businessman.

Back
Top Bottom