rich unkles?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobayashi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
what's the deal with 'rich unkles'?

i know so many people(myself included) who have a 'rich uncle'.

somewhere out there there are people(who are obviously people's cousins), who hang around talking about their poor uncles.

I don't have any.
frown.gif
I have two uncles total, one on my mom's side, one on dad's side. One works in radio (oh yeah, lotta money there
rolleyes.gif
) and the other at Exxon (ok, maybe a bit more money there.
tongue.gif
)

Still, no rich relations waiting to pay my bills or bequeath me money. ah well.

[This message has been edited by sulawesigirl4 (edited 03-07-2002).]

Heh, I got one. He owns an island off of Florida. Indeed, I just found out about him this week when my mom was asking me who we should invite to my graduation party. He is SO on the list.

------------------
Proud owner, maker and baker of THE U2 cookies.

Nobody in my family is rich.

I'm the richest of us though because I found some old M&M's in the bottom of the vending machine at work tonight...woo hoo!!!! We get to eat this weekend!!!!

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

That's so true kobewon.
I got one in the UK who *cough* collects Jaguars. And lives next door to Ringo Starr. In a gated street. A gated street? With security.

"Hey Rick! hellooooooooooo?!?!...remember me???? .....Are you there?"

mad.gif

Originally posted by kobayashi:

somewhere out there there are people(who are obviously people's cousins), who hang around talking about their poor uncles.
I have a poor uncle. Him and my aunt got pregnant when she was 16 and they had the baby. She stayed home to raise the baby and didn't finish school. That was 27 years ago and she never finished school so she works part time in a school cafeteria. My uncle is blind now and he can't really keep a job. It is sad. They won't ever let us come to their place because they don't want my parents to see how they live. My family is by no means rich, but when you see the other side it helps you realize how lucky you are!!

I have a rich Aunt on my mother's side, but due to a falling out I haven't seen her since I was 7 or 8!!!

I have 2 rich uncles. One must be a millionaire, or close to it, works for Saudi Aramco, is a geo physicist, so that tells you how rich he must be.
My other one is a lawyer.
The one in Saudi wont help me and my mom out at all, even though we've been in a life threatening postion lately, and are desperate for help. We had no food, no water or utilities, we were both very sick, were the victim of violence, etc etc etc.
Not one bit of help from either of them. If fact, the lawyer one, sort of allowed some of this to happen to us. He's being nicer now, but, i wont forgive. Its a long, complicated story.
frown.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

I've never thought about the rich uncle thing before, but I realize that I do have an uncle that's pretty well-off. He and his brothers own a printing company, and he also is a photographer and sells large prints, calendars, etc. He takes a lot of aerial photography and photos of Chicago, so Chicagoans might've seen his work. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to be bequeathed any of his money, though, since he has 3 kids!

Thanks Kobayashi, its better now than it was all of last year, though we're still not out of the woods yet by a longshot. But thanks!
smile.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

Back
Top Bottom