RHCP Live at Slane Castle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blueyedpoet

Refugee
To satisfy my as of late addiction to the RHCP, I bought their Slane Castle concert DVD. Has anyone else seen this? The director makes a concerted effort to take in as much of the landscape as possible. As much as I enjoy U2's Slane Castle dvd - there are many personable moments - I think from an aesthetic point of view the chili peppers have the better concert footage.
And, oh God is their performance of Don't Forget Me unbelievable. It's sheer beauty. Every pepper fan needs to at least the performance of that song.

:drool: I cannot get enough of John F's guitar work on Don't Forget Me. Towards the end of the song it sounds Edge-ish. This song totally takes flight live. Gorgeous! Everyone, go get a copy of this DVD.

blueyedpoet said:
:drool: I cannot get enough of John F's guitar work on Don't Forget Me. Towards the end of the song it sounds Edge-ish. This song totally takes flight live. Gorgeous! Everyone, go get a copy of this DVD.

:drool:

Frusciante is brilliant. Truly keeps that band alive in my opinion.

I personally am not very impressed with the dvd. RHCP are one of my all time favorite bands, but I have never been too impressed with their live performances for some reason.

Maybe I need to go back and watch it again.

^If you're looking for that ultra fan connection, then no, Anthony does not go out of his way to jump into the crowds to touch them. That's Bono's thing, and I love it. But I also love how the peppers all just offer their whole mind, body, and soul to the music.
U2IrishOne, having read Scar Tissue, you are right in that had John Frusciante not come back the chili peppers probably would've broken up, but all of the members are responsible for making that band great. Let's not forget that Flea comes up with about half of their song ideas and Anthony creates melodies in his head and shares them with John F.

Back
Top Bottom