RFMRSINE: Randooooooooooooooomers for more road signs in New England - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-20-2005, 11:39 AM   #121
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg

However my school was always the LAST to cancel; every other school in RI would be closed, the weathermen would speak of instant death by merely backing your car out of the driveway, and we would maybe get a 1-hour delay...in which we'd have 7 classes shortened to 27 minutes and the teachers would think that was plenty of time to cram in a quiz to punish the people that showed up to make them work.

/epicly long post
That always happened here, too. One of 2 schools open in entire state during a blizzard. Ya think I would get over it since it has been years since then.

Old 02-20-2005, 11:40 AM   #122
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg

We would always have 7 classes AND the "litergy" compressed into those half-days; the teachers would just be like, "So the point of this 17-minute class is...nothing. Let's talk about stuff instead!"

However my school was always the LAST to cancel; every other school in RI would be closed, the weathermen would speak of instant death by merely backing your car out of the driveway, and we would maybe get a 1-hour delay...in which we'd have 7 classes shortened to 27 minutes and the teachers would think that was plenty of time to cram in a quiz to punish the people that showed up to make them work.

/epicly long post

that's nuts.

you needed to go to st. augustine's in....where exactly was that school? i have no idea....highland, rosendale, one of those places.

they'd get twice as many snow days as we would. and yes, i'm still about that!

Old 02-20-2005, 11:45 AM   #123
Blue Crack Supplier

today's stupid idea that sounded like a good idea at first: typing a wordpad full of the lyrics from albums i've been listening to a lot lately, as i'm going home in an hour or so, and i want to leave the cases there, which means no cd booklets to check when i think i hear somehting like "whack-a-mole and sell your soul" or "went up to your toes with ponchos in tow"

you know, if mike mccolgan could pronounce half the consonants in the words he sings, i don't think i'd be having this problem.

and if someone would put the freaking dark days album (ducky boys, of course) online other than i'll rise up" and "out of the rut", then that would have solved my first problem.....
Old 02-20-2005, 11:52 AM   #124
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I'm using my parents laptop on dial up. I only can be on for a minute since they only have 1 phone line. Dial up at my place is "busy" for every single # in the Twin Cities

My brother was on the phone for over an hhour last night with the cable co. They tried to blame AOL but if it's that then why doesn't IE work either? I have to wait until WEDNESDAY night for them to show up. If they can't fix it then I'm going to get internet through my brother's work. It's more expensive but faster. So I'll probably go insane before Wed. I thought I was going to lose it last night. Nothing on TV, Amy didn't answer her phone, there was a blizzard so I couldn't go out.

Anyways...my time is almost up and I still have some stuff to do. Kariann and Schmeg I'll email you from work tomorrow about hotels in SD.
Old 02-20-2005, 12:36 PM   #125
Blue Crack Addict

No internet til Wednesday???
Old 02-20-2005, 12:39 PM   #126
Blue Crack Addict

I am trying to think of a U2 pun to put in a card to my aunt. She's also getting a copy of the June 9 Boston show (the last Elevation show in Boston ) in two of those paper CD holder thingies. One is green and one is gold.

Old 02-20-2005, 12:50 PM   #127
Blue Crack Addict

U2 confused the hell out of me in my cd-burning here by really changing the set list for that show. Pride second?! Crazy!

Okay now someone tell me a good U2 pun to incorporate into a belated Valentine's Day card.
Old 02-20-2005, 01:35 PM   #128
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I must be on for sure. I just spent $70 at Target on a quilt and 2 pillow shams. I have no money and I'm trying to save to travel the world this spring and summer. But it was all 50% so $70 wasn't too bad I guess!

I'm having trouble typing on a laptop.

My dad said I could take this home tonight and see if dial up works with it just to see if it's my computer. We tried everything last night. I don't know what else to do other than clearing the hard drive That sucked the last time I did that!
Old 02-20-2005, 01:46 PM   #129
arw
Blue Crack Addict

my avatar looks really dark on this computer. Does it always look that dark?

I better go before I'm discovered tying up the phone line.
Old 02-20-2005, 02:40 PM   #130
Blue Crack Addict

It's hard to type on a laptop. Cleaning out the hard drive can be traumatic.

Edge looks like he's sitting in a shadow in your avatar, but it's not REALLY dark.
Old 02-20-2005, 02:56 PM   #131
Blue Crack Distributor

I try avoiding Target when I have no money. It rarely works.
Old 02-20-2005, 03:17 PM   #132
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
I have been busy being creative and needed a break but I find it hard to stop once I've started....too impatient to see the final result I guess!

I'm used to typing on a laptop. It's a good thing because the keyboards that we are getting with our new computers at work are alot smaller and more like a laptop keyboard. The mouse on the new ones have the scroll wheel too...
Old 02-20-2005, 03:53 PM   #133
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Kariann
I have been busy being creative and needed a break but I find it hard to stop once I've started....too impatient to see the final result I guess!

I'm used to typing on a laptop. It's a good thing because the keyboards that we are getting with our new computers at work are alot smaller and more like a laptop keyboard. The mouse on the new ones have the scroll wheel too...
I can't wait to see the final results too!

I cleaned my room and my mom's friend made sarcastic comments about how I have a floor. I'm not THAT messy and it's none of her business anyway!

I think I might take a quick little nap...my eyes are tierd. Days off = !
Old 02-20-2005, 04:12 PM   #134
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I'm going back to my internetless apartment now At least I can make my bed look cute with my new stuff. It's going to be a long 3 days at home! I have my review at work tomorrow I may have to go to the library tomorrow night for a journa entry about that one.

bye
Old 02-20-2005, 05:01 PM   #135
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
I just spent 10 minutes picking rhinestuds (yes that is what they are called) up off the floor, bed and myself.