Revolver Upstairs, Chapel St, Prahran, Victoria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:wink:

(to the first sentence anyway! Also speak for yourself, I'm just sleep deprived. :lol:)

Cobbler, are your morals really worth giving in to The Man? If you were in love with her, would you really need hot selfies, or could you appreciate her the same without them?

Haha I can most definitely appreciate her without them, we had great enough-there-to-make-me-keep-trying fun last night. But they would be a lovely bonus...

You raise a great point though. I SHOULD stand by my morals. We'll see what happens when I'm sober and have slept.

Glad I posted here. I probably would have signed up to Instagram tonight otherwise.

If you have no need for them, then...the answer is obvious. (To me, anyway. I also say this having the world's most boring Instagram!) But yes, sleep! It's a good thing.

Don't get two hours a night sleep during a double seminar week, kiddos. :zzzzzz:

Saw Wil Anderson's show last night. He was great. :up:

fixed your post

Hahaha yes.

And hell, even I nominally have an Instagram, though I only used it like a year ago to use sarcastically. I posted the most boring things possible with piss-take hashtags.

Wil has quite a different on-stage manner to how he presents on telly, eh? I liked that - feels like he really puts thought into what's the most appropriate way to present his material on different mediums, rather than trying to use the same schtick everywhere.

Well safe to say I won't be mourning anyone from the ADL if they get shot by angry Muslims.

Also, maybe it's worth keeping in mind the stature of either religion in this country? Christians hold the power, whilst Muslims are a minority.

I'm just very wary of any serious article that references New Atheists, that's all.

Kieran's getting on his case. :up:

I can't wait until Chet Faker's taken to the trash where he belongs for lying about his real name.

Why should I give a fuck about Chet Faker?

I've said this before, but I'll say it again: I saw Chet Faker in one of his very first live sets, opening for Washed Out and Toro y Moi. The entire fucking place completely ignored him. I was front row and could hear the audience talking better than I could hear half of his set. I promise you now that all those dickheads who didn't give him the time of day are telling their friends "ZOMG GUYZ I SAW TEH FAKE CHETER AT HIS FIRST LIVE SHOWWWW!!11!11" I thought he was mundane at the time and deserved the audience's lack of interest, and nothing he has done since then has persuaded me otherwise. The hype has me baffled.

Oh yeah absolutely, the show was really really good.

Think we're aiming to see Justin Hamilton and Felicity Ward next week.

:up::up::up:

I saw Paul Foot last night, it was fucking hilarious. It was funny watching the bemused looks on people's faces as I ran towards the front row and fist-pumped upon seeing three empty seats. I love being front row. My brother and his mate came as well and they were incorporated into the show which was really funny, and Foot dealt very well with some dickhead heckler.

Might see a show tonight, was hoping to get to Ronny Chieng but looks like it's sold out. The Shelf Monday and then I'm off to the States the next morning.

I think Bonnie was referring to Mr Cummerbund Cumberbatch... I heard he was at Oz Comic Con in Adelaide. I don't mind him as an actor, but I haven't seen Sherlock and I don't get all the hysterical fangirling. :shrug:

In every single way, it was like "he's cool, he's sexy, he's 34 years old!". Like I didn't meet him personally but I got within his presence and with a neutral expression he just looked his regular deflated salamander self, but when he smiled at the withering fangirls all these wacky expression lines appeared and it was most uncomfortable. The mass appeal is baffling, but I admire that it's for someone of such an unconventional appearance.

Saw Wil Anderson's show last night. He was great. :up:

I'm seeing him Sunday night... I saw a German comic (and ex-Bondi-lifeguard) called CJ Delling tonight, who had the challenging task of entertaining eight people in the back room of the Bull & Bear tavern at 6pm (my friend and I arrived a few minutes late, thus increasing the audience by 33% (or is it 25%?), and weren't even targeted for bonus material). There were a few chuckles but after Mr Treleaven last week it was all very sweet and safe and PG. She seems like she'd be a funnier person to have a conversation with than to just listen to her make amusing observations and say "what's going on there?" for an hour. I did learn a bit of Welsh though.

I can't decide between seeing Umbilical Brothers or a show that relies heavily on pop culture/sci-fi/fantasy references tomorrow... although technically I could make it to both. :hmm:

And I saw Tom Ballard hosting the Late Night Comedy thing on ABC2 the other night, and I have to admit he was far less annoying than he was on JJJ. Who knew people could present differently on different media... :mindblown:

In every single way, it was like "he's cool, he's sexy, he's 34 years old!". Like I didn't meet him personally but I got within his presence and with a neutral expression he just looked his regular deflated salamander self, but when he smiled at the withering fangirls all these wacky expression lines appeared and it was most uncomfortable. The mass appeal is baffling, but I admire that it's for someone of such an unconventional appearance.

Is 34 too old for his main fangirl audience? I'm sure we've all seen people fanning over people of greater age ranges (I know I have, coughJohnFarnhamcough).

Yeah, it is surprising, maybe people are finally getting sick of airbrushed square-jawed chiselled ideals of masculine perfection. It'd be nice if everyone got sick of airbrushed vacant half-starved ideals of feminine perfection too.

What's going on with the site, I can't even get in 75% of the time anymore?

Back
Top Bottom